molded hose source for chrysler 360

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Party Time

molded hose source for chrysler 360

Post by Party Time »

First post newbie. 78 F30 Clean Machine wth twin 360s. Lake Saint Clair, MI.
So far replaced the bridge seats, carbs, bimini, and installed a pro charger, garmin gps/sidefinder with epoxied xducer mount. This is my second spring with this boat, and my first glass boat.
Last spring we ground off the 1/8" or more of "coal epoxy" bottom paint. A few repairs with West and then 2 coats of epoxy bottom and 2 of bottom black. Looks great!
Shakedown had no acceleration or go above 1800rpms. The mechanical advance in both distributors was a rusted mess. First time ever but....removed and soaked in vinegar for a week. Then it all cleaned up nicely. I replaced springs and after MANY timing adjustments they scream high and purr low.
Its been neglected by POs. Rubbing compund and buffing the transom has revealed the faint outline of an old name, Party Time. We can go with that.
Now this season. Need to replace the hose from the square reservoir to the port mounted heat exchanger. This appears to be premolded but I can find nothing on the interweb. Cant be the first bad chrysler hose. Rough description would be 1 1/2" C , 16" long with a 90 at each end facing the same direction. Anyone have a replacement source and part number?
And a holy grail source for the orange square coolant reservoir that sits atop the engine front, all I can find is the blue round ones for older chryslers.

Thanks, pics coming,

Party Time
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: molded hose source for chrysler 360

Post by WayWeGo »

Welcome to the site! There are some very knowledgeable and helpful folks here.

Why don't you check with Beacon Marine for parts and advice? They are the host of this site and a great resource.

Bob Cushman has been very helpful when I have needed phone advice and parts. You can reach Beacon Marine at 609-713-4602 or bob@beaconmarinesupply.com. Which reminds me, I need to talk to Bob about a molded hose for my 440s...
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
Lance F28

Re: molded hose source for chrysler 360

Post by Lance F28 »

Any pics available yet? It sounds like you may have a freshwater cooling system, if so it may be aftermarket and you may be able to find a make and model number somewhere on it.