F32 Interior Wood Work

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Rickforth

Re: F32 Interior Wood Work

Post by Rickforth »

The interior of my 1988 F32 was in good shape when i bought the boat in 2016. I have been using Teal Oil only to maintain the wood. It needed 2 good coats for the first 2 years but i only do it once a year now. The finish is beautiful, not high gloss but the teak finish and grain is beautiful and the color is reddish and stays that way all year round. The items like the flybridge ladder which is fully exposed to the weather gets a bit grey but that is ok as the ladder is still in good shape. It does not look quite as good as the interior wood. The flybridge interior teak trim stays nice as we have a full enclosure that helps to protect it. I also find teak oil very easy to apply, i use a 5inch by 5 inch square piece of towel, plastic gloves and an 8 oz. plastic bowl to hold the oil. I never pour out more that a few ounces at a time to prevent a major spill. it usually takes a little more than an hour to complete. it all soaks in and looks great after it dries.
mrrudely
Sporadic User

Post by mrrudely »

seems like all good suggestions
I have recently discovered Birchwood Casey Tru-oil Gun Stock Finish
I have installed a lot of new teak on the interior and I am finding
4 or 5 coats of this stuff is giving me a great looking finish
just wipe it on like teak oil wait at least 24 hours sand with 400 and repeat
10 meter mid cabin
Rickforth

Post by Rickforth »

I purchased this F32 in the winter of 2016. The pictures are from the first time i boarded the boat and the finish was still beautiful. I am sure all previous owners used Teak Oil to maintain the deep red color. I have continued using teak oil applying once a year. it takes about 2 hours to do the entire job with a small cup of oil and a 4"x4" pc of towel cloth as an applicator. Could not be easier and it looks even better today than the pictures from 2016. We have since replaced carpeting and updates like lighting, curtains, furniture Etc. Such a great boat that was treated with TLC throughout the years.
Attachments
022421 #4.jpg
022421 #4.jpg (51.9 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
022421 #3.jpg
022421 #3.jpg (51.54 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
022421 #2.jpg
022421 #2.jpg (44.17 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
022421 #1.jpg
022421 #1.jpg (57.74 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

Great photos, Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
buffalobill

Post by buffalobill »

Hey Rick, Nice boat and finish looks rich. How difficult was it to replace carpet?
Our F32 came with seafoam green carpet. A bit old.
Zoe Lakin

Post by Zoe Lakin »

I used TotalBoat Teak Oil on my outdoor wooden patio furniture. Used about a third to cover my eight foot table with a few coats . Soaked up nice . It made the grain kind of pop out which is good . The rain beads off it nicely like it’s supposed to .
I used a brush to apply. It left little bubbles at first coat . But while wet I rebrushed gently and they all disappeared . Good stuff I’m going to use it on the chairs next