Bay Bridge Swim 2019

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Bay Bridge Swim 2019

Post by P-Dogg »

Calling all Chesapeake Bay Trojan boaters! Here is an opportunity to use your Trojan to help a number of worthy causes. How often to you get a tax deduction for using your boat, and the opportunity to hang with fellow Trojan owners, as well as with owners of off-brands, at an all-expenses paid resort marina? (Fuel not included ;) ). Free picnic included too! Last year a squadron of, gulp, two Chesapeake Trojan owners hung out and did a good turn. I'm not a member of the CBPBA, but they let me keep coming back. Check-out the info below maybe I'll see you there!

It is that time of year that the CBPBA calls for you to volunteer your time for a great cause. The March of Dimes needs Your Help. One Thousand of the the worlds best Swimmers will be crossing the Chesapeake Bay at the Bay Bridge and we need to keep them safe in their quest. Please sign up using the link provided http://tinyurl.com/bayswim-signup .
The Swim will be on Sunday the 9th of June. The Captains party will be at Kent Moor Marina at 5pm on the 8th. If you need a slip for the night at Bay Bridge Marina please let me know in advance. I will need the following information:
Please include . . . . .
Your Full Name:
Full Address: (for non-members)
Home Phone:
Cell Phone:
Boat info (size, model, manufacturer, etc.)
Need a slip? (yes/no)
Need shore power? (yes/no) 30, 50, 60 amp
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Bay Bridge Swim 2019

Post by prowlersfish »

This is a good thing , thank you .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

We're in -- sounds like fun and a great cause as well.
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

prowlersfish wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:34 pm This is a good thing , thank you .
It is indeed. Mission Barbecue has a converted USCG small boat with a smoker on the back that they keep docked in front of their Annapolis waterfront store. Last year they delivered hot sandwiches to the participating boats!

Of course it took me a bit to catch on. First thought was, "WTH -- why is that idiot about to ram me?" Then I noticed the MBBQ logo and the two carry-out bags on the extended boat hook...... Yummy!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

P-Dogg wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:56 pm
prowlersfish wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:34 pm This is a good thing , thank you .
It is indeed. Mission Barbecue has a converted USCG small boat with a smoker on the back that they keep docked in front of their Annapolis waterfront store. Last year they delivered hot sandwiches to the participating boats!

Of course it took me a bit to catch on. First thought was, "WTH -- why is that idiot about to ram me?" Then I noticed the MBBQ logo and the two carry-out bags on the extended boat hook...... Yummy!
They only have duce and half trucks down here . But great BBQ :D
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Nick Nicholson

Post by Nick Nicholson »

I just stumbled on this on the Forum Page, I usually only deal with the Facebook Page. Is registration still open? If so I will post on the Facebook thread for all the guys in Middle River, Severn River, and below to see who would like to volunteer and get a whole bunch of Trojan Boats together.
1975 F36
Twin 454 Marine Power
P-Dogg
Active User

Post by P-Dogg »

Tell your Trojan friends they need to be on this forum.
Nick Nicholson

Post by Nick Nicholson »

P-Dogg, I signed up and I believe Donnie xxxx (F-36) is going to sign up. I will need a slip, F-36, twin 30 amp connection. Cell 443-677-2551. Email nick8015@comcast.net
8015 Shore Road, Dundalk, MD 21222
Wayne xxxx said he signed up too. Any chance you can get all of us close together?
Are there any published documents and schedule of events?
1975 F36
Twin 454 Marine Power
P-Dogg
Active User

Post by P-Dogg »

Perhaps my original post was not clear. After receiving permission to forward the invite, i appended the official CBPBA call to arms to my own post announcing said event.

Anyone interested in supporting this worthy cause needs to signup using the tiny url link in the OP. Youll find out what you need to know in the reply email from the event coordinators, which i am not. I am in no way, shape, or form a principal in this event. I just volunteeer my boat and time to help kids with birth defects. I do not do it for the party. Propellers, swimmers, lightning, congested operating area, kayakers, jet skis, helicopters, USCG small boats and local police boats aplenty, multiple radio frequencies, jellyfish, idiot boaters. It is a bit serious.

Who is Wayne? I recommend deleting your post before all the Russian telemarketing and email spamming bots mine your data. Really.

That said, i look forward to meeting any fellow Trojan owners who take the time to participate in this event.
Thanks, Priscilla
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by Moderator »

I edited the last names as many folks prefer their full names or personal info NOT be posted . I would be glad to post it with their ok .

Helping keep Trojan Yachts alive .
Forum Moderator
TrojanBoats.Net
Trojan Boater
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

P-Dogg, I am a bit confused on a couple of fronts.

First of all, what do we need to do to secure a slip?

Secondly, it has been a couple of weeks since I signed up and I have not heard anything from the organizers. Is that normal?
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
P-Dogg
Active User

Post by P-Dogg »

Sign up at the tiny url link in OP. You should get a confirmation email, but not necessarily right away.
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

I am hearing that there are going to be five F-36 boats participating. I think we are having a mid-Bay Rendezvous!
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
P-Dogg
Active User

Post by P-Dogg »

Live from the event, WayWeGo looking awesome!
Attachments
20190609_115900.jpg
20190609_115900.jpg (54.61 KiB) Viewed 8228 times
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Looking good , hope you had better weather up there then we did
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels