mid cabin fuel filters

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

mrrudely
Sporadic User

mid cabin fuel filters

Post by mrrudely »

I am thinking of replacing the stock fuel filters
the existing ones are anywhere from impossible to difficult to replace
I would like to remove them completely and replace them with Sierra or Racor mounted where I can get
to them easily
I would like to run flexible fuel line from the new filter/seperators to their respective fuel pumps
any thoughts ?
thx
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: mid cabin fuel filters

Post by prowlersfish »

If you mount , the new filters off engine flex approved line is fine to the engine . I don't believe its ok on the engine .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: mid cabin fuel filters

Post by P-Dogg »

I added 10 micron water separating filters on the engine room forward bulkhead in my tricabin, right near the fuel manifold, which i also updated. Prior to that, my first fuel filter was mounted on the rear of the engine.

I refreshed the engine-mounted filter, then figured that the new filters would catch all the crap from now on. Thus, i left the on-engine filter in place. But yes, i still carry spares filters for it.

What i would really like is to put gasoline-rated vacuum gauges at least downstream, if not on both sides of the new filters, but i could not find any that specifically said gasoline-rated. I mean, how else can you quantitatively determine filter condition?
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!