COVID-19 Michigan Boating Season

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

COVID-19 Michigan Boating Season

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

Well here in the People’s Republic of Michganistan, our governor that girl from Michigan, has limited us from even going from home to boat and prohibiting marinas from opening so we can’t even slip our boats. Meanwhile everything is paid for but no way to enjoy it. Good luck getting re-elected Gretchen Half Whitmer.
Boat Name: A TAD TOO MUCH
Model: 1978 F-32 Sedan Cruiser
Engines: Twin Chry 360's 666 hrs original engines

2013 Mercury 300 Ocean Runner 9.9hp Merc 4 stroke
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: COVID-19 Michigan Boating Season

Post by prowlersfish »

Sorry to hear that . in one state ( R.I. ?) Sailing is ok as a outdoor activity but power boating is not . :x
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Think I also saw something recently that Ft Lauderdale Marina was only able to sell fuel to Coast Guard and police or something like that.

Acually just checked, and they have this up on their web site:

Effective immediately, Sunday, April 5, 2020 16:00 EDT, the Lauderdale Marina fuel dock is ONLY permitted to serve first responders, commercial vessels, and live-a-boards. This ordinance only applies to purchasing fuel. Customers can still come to the dock store for food, ice, bait and other provisions
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

captainmaniac wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:28 pm Think I also saw something recently that Ft Lauderdale Marina was only able to sell fuel to Coast Guard and police or something like that.

Acually just checked, and they have this up on their web site:

Effective immediately, Sunday, April 5, 2020 16:00 EDT, the Lauderdale Marina fuel dock is ONLY permitted to serve first responders, commercial vessels, and live-a-boards. This ordinance only applies to purchasing fuel. Customers can still come to the dock store for food, ice, bait and other provisions
So if I am passing thought or just a boater there I still come to the dock store for food, ice, bait and other provisions but no fuel ? But if I am a live aboard I can buy fuel ? Make no sense . Half our live a boards don't leave their slips here ( could not with out a tow ) the other half once a year to head south .
Other marinas in Fla are open for fuel .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

prowlersfish wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:18 am So if I am passing thought or just a boater there I still come to the dock store for food, ice, bait and other provisions but no fuel ? But if I am a live aboard I can buy fuel ? Make no sense . Half our live a boards don't leave their slips here ( could not with out a tow ) the other half once a year to head south .
Other marinas in Fla are open for fuel .
Yah - dunno. Maybe it's their version of reserving PPE for first responders.
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Michigan guvna is a piece of work. My condolences.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/michi ... them-down/

In the People's Republic of Maryland, our guvna said essential travel to essential places only (groceries, care for family, buy a gun or train with it).

Announcement was around 1000 hrs one day. Effective at 2000 hrs that night. By 1400 hrs that day I had changed my Office of Personnel Management address to my boat slip. I live aboard now. Can lawfully travel to my mailing address to tend to my wife.

Thats all well and so, but the reason for doing it was to have a better telework environment. No distractions at the boat. I'm a civil servant so still employed, but working remotely. It has worked out for me. Still getting most of my work done.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!