Waste Tank Size F-32 V-Berth Location

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BradZ
Sporadic User

Waste Tank Size F-32 V-Berth Location

Post by BradZ »

I'm not able to get at my boat atm but I want to add a black water holding tank in the V-Berth. Has anyone done that? If so do you remember what size tank you used and where and how you installed it? I want to add a new electric toilet and also use a holding tank instead of the all in one toilet I have now.
1976 Trojan F-32 Sedan Home Port is Catawba Island live in Wadsworth Ohio
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Waste Tank Size F-32 V-Berth Location

Post by captainmaniac »

Not sure what size it is, but at some point in my boat's life someone added a holding tank under the v-berth. Head was the original Monomatic recirculating unit, but they plumbed a waste hose out the back of it to feed the holding tank. The head has a 'discharge' fitting.

Tank is a funky shape, designed to fit the hull.
IMG_1814.JPG
IMG_1814.JPG (50.12 KiB) Viewed 2534 times
Holding Tank 1.jpg
Holding Tank 1.jpg (107.49 KiB) Viewed 2534 times

The hose out the back of the head goes to a manual pump in the port hanging locker, then from there to the holding tank.
IMG_1874.JPG
IMG_1874.JPG (123.88 KiB) Viewed 2534 times

We would use the head in normal recirc mode until full, then use the manual pump to empty it into holding tank. Then we could recharge the head with fresh water and chemical and be back in business. We could do 3 transfers to the holding tank, so the recirc head could actually be filled 4 times, before we needed to get a pumpout. And when pumpout happened it would empty the holding tank and also pull everything in the head through the lines and suck it out too.
BradZ
Sporadic User

Re: Waste Tank Size F-32 V-Berth Location

Post by BradZ »

Thanks for the info it makes me think differently about the pump I have in my v-berth now...
1976 Trojan F-32 Sedan Home Port is Catawba Island live in Wadsworth Ohio