hull # ..what year 26'

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

c abbott

hull # ..what year 26'

Post by c abbott »

trying to pin down the year I think 71... 26' with arch and pulpit the engine was changed out and am missing parts ..exhaust mans water pump and basic configuration of all I found pics of 26 hardtop with engines and in the door ac yet have lots to fix first ..motor mount
first
1972 trojan
c abbott

oops hull #

Post by c abbott »

oh yeh ...hull# 231-1041 currently named motor mouth.. I do hasve manuals on certain things .. paragon transmission wiring diagrahm..boat levelers chrysler 225 l-318 shaft log detail..steering system marine onan gen set
1972 trojan
vabeach1234
Moderate User

Post by vabeach1234 »

My 1972 F-26 hull number is 231-2061. This was before they standardized the hull numbering across the board for all recreation boats in Nov. 1972.

I'm pretty sure mine is a 1972 and I would assume based on our hull numbers that mine is a little younger than yours.

http://www.putfile.com/vabeach1234/albums
c abbott

hull #

Post by c abbott »

Thanks and your boat looks great.. My wife picked this one up and it needs help ...motor mount ..exaust mans water pump still figuring fresh vs. raw etc the engine was changed prior to our purchase .. swhat does the F sstand for as I think this is express radar arch and pulpit..no gen set previos owner kept ...whatever! any extra pics /advise helps ya'll
1972 trojan
vabeach1234
Moderate User

Post by vabeach1234 »

c abbott,
Do you still have a Chrysler 318? If so, ebasicpower.com has a lot of chrysler parts and usually ship pretty quick. I ordered my exhaust manifolds and FWC kit from there when I had a remanufactured 318 installed 2 years ago.

I assume you have a Paragon PV31 V-drive. I have researched and researched this thing and can't find much on it's ratio. I believe it's a 1.1 to 1 ratio.

I just changed my prop to a 14x11 and the boat will get up to about 23 to 24 mph and hit right at 4000 rpm's which is suggested WOT for Chrysler 318's.

I've had the boat now for a little over 4 years. So if you have any specific questions I'll try to answer. I'm no expert but have some knowledge.

Ken
62seaskiff

Post by 62seaskiff »

1971 was the year trojan introducet its first F-series boat, the F26. It was a very short lived boat. It had a v-drive because the aft deck was very small to make more cabin room. Se was very beamy, 10 if I recall and she have a very destinctive one piece "windshield " across the front of the cabin. I only know of one of them still in existance. Its been at the cambridge Yacht Club in Cambridge Marylane , I think since 1971.
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

The F in F26 stands for fiberglass. And they were made for at least 10 more years after 1970, which I think was the first F26. That model had no radar arch. The boat is most likely rwc if it's got the Chrysler 318. Easy to figure out. If there is a hose running from the engine room bottom directly into the engine (check the port side) it's rwc. I have some drawings, etc, but they are for my 1977 model.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"