need a radar arch for F 36

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Peter
Moderate User

need a radar arch for F 36

Post by Peter »

doomed...anyway,just bought a brand-new [in the box] radar from ebay for 600 and change...[I'm so excited..].I like the "Tower in a Box" aluminum radar arch from Atlantic Tower...[thanks to previous postings for the lead].They have a couple of ones with "minor blemishes" for 200 bucks off their list price...a possibility but still pricey...has anyone come across a used arch [in a bone yard?] in thier travels? thanks
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

If you find one...or two, let me know. My friend is looking as well.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Post by JuiceClark »

I'm sure I mentioned I found mine on Ebay right? The thing wasn't even close to fitting when I bought it...but it's easy for a good welder to make it fit. This arch was 18" too wide. My welder cut it to size and welded new, heavy duty pads to bolt it to the bridge. A nice layer of powder coat and it was like new.

rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

JC, do you remember and/or have the dimensions for the width and height clearance of the flybridge and surround on the 36 for your arch?
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Post by JuiceClark »

No, my welder was so great....he came over and measured every spot. If you've had the bridge off, you know the back of it can be squeezed or pulled in or out an inch or so each way. So, wherever the screws holes are on your boat is where she'll sit. If it's off a tiny bit, you can just bolt the arch on and make new screw holes I guess.

One thing about all this...I don't know why my arch was placed as high as it is. I'd say it's about door height (6'8" or so). Well, nobody that tall will probably ever be on my bridge. So, it may have looked a little sleeker to have it a few inches lower....just something I've thought about!
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Re: need a radar arch for F 36

Post by JuiceClark »

Holy cow I miss my old F-36. Why did I sell it?! Damned divorce.

If anyone ever sees it around (sold it to some guy in Pensacola), let me know. I'd buy it back in a minute.