this years F36 project

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

this years F36 project

Post by Buckknekkid »

We are ripping out the old teak cockpit and installing a new grid system, fish boxes and hatches[/img]
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD
rossjo
Ultimate User

Good luck1

Post by rossjo »

mine was replaced before I bougth it - fiberglass insert ... hatches etc. built-in. Much nicer. The teak is pretty, but the replacement sais more practical. I have fish boxes and 100% access to everything!
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

EGGSACKLY

Post by Buckknekkid »

Well you guessed it, new exhaust going in , one new muffler, rewire and clamp the spiders nest of wiring that was hidden before. It looks really clean now that its all white on the inside of the hull. We also removed all of the floor boards and painted them white, scrubbed the bilges and are painitng them today. Compared to todays rigging standards it was let to fall into a mess over the years.
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD
nickbutziger

Post by nickbutziger »

what is a grid system (deck replacement)
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Fish Boxes

Post by JuiceClark »

I really want/need a fish box or two in my cockpit. But with the exhaust running back there I couldn't figure where I would put 'em. Do you have a picture or two you can share of that project??
Nothing like catching a few tuna and having them flopping all over the place all the way home!

Tony
'82 F-36
Fort Myers, FL
Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

Post by Buckknekkid »

that reminds me of a few ex wives. :D email me and I'll load you up with pictures
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD