Info on Trojan 32

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

muno56

Info on Trojan 32

Post by muno56 »

I am being asked to deliver a Trojan 32 from Florida to Jamaica. Can anyone give me some basic data, such as:
Boat style
Draft
Cruising Speed
Fuel Capacity
Add'l Fuel provisions, such as switch-over Gen'r tank
MPG @ cruising speed
Water Cap'y
Any other info usable by delivery captain
ScurvyDog

Post by ScurvyDog »

I am fairly new to the F32, but here are the numbers I can give.

Draft ~33 inches
Cruising speed 15-18 kts
Fuel Capacity 128 gal (depends on year)
MPG : I don't know yet but expecting about .8 mpg
Water cap: 40 gal
jav
Moderate User

Post by jav »

Muno,

F-32 come in different flavors but most are sedan/flybridge boats. They are generally considered more of a coastal cruising boat than an offshore sportfisher. The 9 degree deadrise and very wide beam (13') to length ratio doesn't make for great rough water performance. A partial keel does help with tracking but good head seas will produce some pounding at higher speeds.

Performance and fuel capacity can vary quite abit. The norm is 125 gallons with another optional 80-100 gallons (rare). With gas power (225-270 HP/ on a well sorted out boat), you can expect 16-19 knot cruise fully loaded (in decent water) burning between 20-25 GPH total. Range is not great on gas boats and unless added after the fact, no provisions exist for increased capacity. If its a diesel boat (like mine is), or has had new tanks installed, range can be excellent, but each combination will vary. My F-32 has a 260 nautical mile range @ 20-21 knots on 90% of capacity (leaving a 10% reserve).

I'm not familiar with the passage your considering... but given the geography, it looks like a very, very difficult proposition both logistically and politically. I don't see how you could do it without including Cuba or Haiti in journey. You also have the Gulf stream and a potentially volitile weather corridor... sounds quite ambitous!

I'd love to hear more of the journey!

[img]http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1 ... HzWQ[/img]
Last edited by jav on Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

I would suggest delivering it by ship!