Rendezvous

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Wes
Moderate User

Rendezvous

Post by Wes »

Has everyone seen the notice about the Trojan boat rendezvous in August? I'm trying to get as many Trojan boat owners as possible to participate. I'm going to cruise from Clinton CT and wanted to see if anyone was willing to come from a more distant location. The rendezvous is going to be at Higgins Yacht yard & Cottages in St. Michaels, Md. on Chesapeake Bay August 21st through the 24th.
Wes
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
duchess
Sporadic User

Wes

Post by duchess »

On your way back or going down if you want to stop over on Upper Barnegat Bay you can tie up on my dock here in Brick for a nite cheaper than a marina . Tom
DUCHESS 1987 F36
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

Thanks Tom. That's the best offer I've had today. Let's keep in touch.
Wes
860-655-0498
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

Mike, I hope your business AND the economy pick up. I can't really afford the trip either since it's over 800 miles total, but I can't find anyone who can promise me tomorrow and I'm going to enjoy each and every day. I'd love to see as many Trojan bost lovers as possible in August. Spread the word and I'll keep doing the same.
Wes
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

Im going,,,
but by car,,,,,,,,, to far for me on water,,
1983 10 meter express
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Its only money Bill
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
thelast322

Post by thelast322 »

Wes, When you come through the C&D canal my river is the 1st one on the east. We can maybe meet up and criuse down there together. I am 55 miles from there and it usually takes 3 to3and half hours at 18-20kts. I cut though Kent Narrows. I believe i will be leaving friday afternoon. I will be happy to criuse down there with you with Trojan Pride. When will you be coming down that area? I am 75% on going. :lol:
"Liberty Call"

1991 F32 Crusaders
celebrating 10+years of ownership
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

Hi Butch,
My plan right now is to leave Clinton, CT. on Sunday the 16th and be going through the C&D Canal On Wednesday or Thursday. I'm allowing an extra day or two in case of bad weather. Another Captain suggested that I stop by his marina at Kent narrows a day or two before the rendezvous and then head down on Friday. I'd love to stop by on our way through and say hello and hook up on Friday for the final part of the journey. My only other problem is that we only travel at between 12 and 14 knots. Our "baby" is built for comfort, not for speed. Her top is around 19 knots and at that speed I'd need to be pulling a gas barge with me. LOL
My cell phone is 860-655-0498 and e-mail is DiLuna@aol.com if you want to touch base before the trip.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

thelast322 lets make it 100% :D hope to see you there !
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
wet wonder

Post by wet wonder »

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Owner of '75 F25, going on our 3rd season. We'll be going on the trip (wife and I and 2 daughters, 8 and 10), coming out of Philadelphia, about 30 miles North of the C&D Canal. It'll be about $300 round trip in fuel if prices stay put. I emailed the marina for a slip. I'll let you know what they say.
. . . ww
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

It's great to have you aboard WW. My wife and I are really looking forward to socializing with our fellow Trojan boaters. I wish 300 was all I was expecting to spend on fuel. I'm looking at close to 5K. I'm not leaving anything for my children. LOL