Fresh Air Exhaust

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

vabeach1234
Moderate User

Fresh Air Exhaust

Post by vabeach1234 »

Has anyone tried the Fresh Air Exhaust (FAE) on a Trojan F25 or F26.
http://www.freshairexhaust.com/
How do you like it? Performance changes? Noise changes?

I own a F25 1972 Trojan Express Hardtop. Chrysler FWC 318, V-drive, Paragon Trans. When I bought the boat, you couldn't carry on a screaming conversation at cruise because of the exhaust. I have since replaced the 2 big mufflers, (one on each exhaust hose), with 4 small mufflers, (2 in line on each hose). That helped a lot but you still need to scream at each other in the cockpit. I'm sure the Hardtop doesn't help. I'm considering ordering one of the FAE's but just wanted to know if someone has installed one on their Trojan boat and if it worked for them.

Thanks.
Ken
Norfolk, VA
Paul
Active User

QUIET!!!

Post by Paul »

I have something similar to this on my boat and it does make a difference. There is a company called Salisbury Muffler that makes a boot type piece that bolts on over your existing exhaust port on the transom and re-directs the exhaust into the water below the bottom of the hull. My F-26 HT has a single exhaust on the starboard side on which I have my own version of this type of boot. (molded my own out of fiberglass)

The result is that the exhaust noise is virtually gone and the smell has been greatly reduced but not eliminated. With the hard top, we experience what people refer to as the "station wagon effect" where air gets drawn into the cockpit from the back of the boat bringing with it some exhaust fumes but much less than without the boot. I can hold a conversation with passengers without yelling but it's still a little noisy due to engine noise and the hard top.

Overall, I would recomend this type of system.

Paul
Cruise Control