Calling all Woodies

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

mytrojan

Calling all Woodies

Post by mytrojan »

Thought it would be interesting to start a thread of wooden Trojan owners and their boats. I know I have had a few questions on my boat but wasn't sure if there were any other members who had my style boat. This way we could refer back to this thread in the future. Maybe a picture of your boat, year, model, port and name?

6 weeks 'till splash. can't wait.
1971 SeaVoyager 36 "Scallywag"
MTP
Moderate User

Post by MTP »

pitty post
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
Wet and happy
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

I think your post is a great idea. It'll be interesting to see if this thread comes to fruition.
I wish more wood owners would post. Trojan vessels, fiberglass or wood, are terrific boats and I'd like to see some more examples like yours. 8)

Thanks.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
mr elevman
Moderate User

Post by mr elevman »

i can show you 30 pics or co of a bad version of a 72 sea voyager lots of rot from negelect and yes that is a very prity boat
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Doesn't exist anymore, but my father bought his 1969 28' Sea Skiff Express in 1977, and owned it until about 2000. He named her White Heather (he was originally from Scotland). The slip he kept her in from 1979 - 2000, I have kept my F32 in since 2001.

It was a double planked mahogany hull, plywood bottom, teak decks and cockpit, single Chrysler 383 cu in engine, mechanical (chain and gear) steering, vinyl over wood cabin top and hardtop. We all loved that boat!!!

After the boat changed hands, and was then abandoned by the new owner (would kill the bugger if I could find him), I managed to locate the original teak steering wheel - which I now have refinished and use at my lower station.

Wood is in my blood, and I love wooden boats... just don't have the personal skill level with woodworking or money to pay someone else, to keep a wooden boat in the condition it deserves.... so went to the F32 when I bought.

2cfa410f.jpg
2cfa410f.jpg (48.6 KiB) Viewed 2860 times
Last edited by captainmaniac on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr elevman
Moderate User

Post by mr elevman »

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/Albu ... 116666678/ i got this in 06 it was free two new 150 hr merc 270 hp fwc new tanks shafts wheels the reasion she was free is she wouldnt steer after a little investagtion i found the small chain that conects the fly helm to the main helm was frozen so i took the boat and cut the chain and drove her 16 miles to her last berth i had planed to restore but due to the extensive water infatration she was covered in mold along with a LOT of rot theas pics dont show the peeled off inner plywood hull under the planking so i sold her for the moters when the new owner came to take her away whill in the slings her keel bellied and planks poped she was layed on a trailer and driven to whair she was cut up and put to rest sad story
mytrojan

Post by mytrojan »

Hey MTP WTF?

Sorry every post doesn't apply to you.

But, please tell us how many staples you are pulling out of your carpet. Now thats exciting stuff!
1971 SeaVoyager 36 "Scallywag"
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

I'd like to see a lot of you wood owners put photos up we can down load, love to see more of them.. :)
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
MTP
Moderate User

Post by MTP »

mytrojan wrote:Hey MTP WTF?

Sorry every post doesn't apply to you.

But, please tell us how many staples you are pulling out of your carpet. Now thats exciting stuff!
It was a bump to send the thread back to the top......the exciting part is how great it will look when I am done.

Enough of that are you going to post so interior pics?
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
Wet and happy
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
turtlem1969
Moderate User

Post by turtlem1969 »

I have always liked the look of a wooden boat, just cant do the upkeep on one.
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

Post by 1967 seavoyager »

YOU SHOULD SEE THE SIZE OF MY WOODIE ! It's a 36' Sea Voyager. Scared you for a minute didn't I ? I can't seem to post pictures here but, click on my photobucket page & take a peek at " Restless".
They'll pry a rotten plank from my cold dead fingers before i go "Tupperware". http://www.photobucket.com/restless
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"
1967 Trojan 36' Sea Voyager Express
jimbo36
Moderate User

Post by jimbo36 »

Nice looking woodie. Where did the flybridge go?
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Two different boats I think, unless he also converted it from a Sedan to an Express.
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

Never had a bridge. It was an option in 67. The sedans didn't come with them either. Mine was all original till 12 years ago when the bow was replanked & we put in functional port holes. This time around I repaired a few design flaws & hopefully will keep the water on the outside where it belongs.
They'll pry a rotten plank from my cold dead fingers before i go "Tupperware". http://www.photobucket.com/restless
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

The boat with the bridge is a 31 sedan. I posted those shots because someone on the site was looking for one. That one didn't have a bridge either. It came off a newer boat that was being scrapped.
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"