New 1990 10 meter mid cabin member looking for advice

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BarryL
Sporadic User

New 1990 10 meter mid cabin member looking for advice

Post by BarryL »

Well I took the plunge after a successful survey and am in the process of doing a cosmetic restoration. The interior vinyl had become discolored and I determined it was from the glue coming through to the surface. The vinyl itself was in very good shape but I couldn't stand the yellowing. After doing some research I found a paint/dye that would adhere very nicely and make the vinyl look like new. I repainted the vinyl from spray cans after a thorough cleaning and taping the edges. Before you laugh it really does look like new and a friend that has used it for years reports that it is very durable. Believe it or not it's rust-oleum and available from auto zone and a few other auto parts stores. The drawback is that it is limited to interior colors of late model cars. I will post before and after pictures if I can figure out how.

I have loved the lines and the space on these boats since new and traded a 1998 Carver/Trojan express for this one and wonder why I waited so long to take the plunge.
BobCT
Active User

Post by BobCT »

Nice, I've heard of a few people doing this before, heopfully it holds up and flexes well.

Enjoy, there are a few mid cabins guys here who can help.

Bob
1988 10m mid cabin
BarryL
Sporadic User

link to photos of new 10 meter

Post by BarryL »

I couldn't figure out how to add pictures so I just learned how to use photo bucket. Hopefully this link will work.

http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n551/barryl1/
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Welcome to the Forums , Nice looking boat .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Welcome aboard and nice looking lady you have there. Do you boat on Lake Michigan?
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

Welcome.......looking good!
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
pk
Moderate User

Post by pk »

Welcome! My 10M Express had "painted" seats and interior when I bought it from USA. I think it was ugly. Why paint on top of dirt and stains? No.... I have the whole interior for re-upholstery those days, and I will have it back here in a couple of weeks. Paint?? No thanks!
International 10 Meter Express named "Jolla Mi", powered by nothing.....