Trojan 10 Meter water system leak

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Unchained
Sporadic User

Trojan 10 Meter water system leak

Post by Unchained »

I have a 1987 Trojan 10 Meter Mid-Cabin and have a bad water leak problem somewhere but cannot find it. I fixed a leak towards the rear where a hose hookup was and under the kitchen sink as well. I also replaced the pump and there are no leaks in that area. Where is the holding tank and water heater located so I can inspect those?
Thanks, Mike.
S.A.M.
Moderate User

Post by S.A.M. »

The tank sits under the deck in front of the midcabin. I've never accessed the HWH. My guess is in the midcabin port storage area in the back corner behind the the bulkhead.
Sherman
'90 10m Midcabin
Unchained
Sporadic User

Post by Unchained »

So it's accessible under the deck in the step-down/salon area or just in front of it?
BobCT
Active User

Post by BobCT »

I would check the hose connection on the tank. The tank itself is under the cabin floor basically across from the refrigerator. Hang yourself upside down and look under the shelf where the FW pump is located. It's not easy to get to but is accessible. I changed my hose clamp because it was rusted through. The tank is part of the floor so you really can't "see" much of it, under the shelf looking towards the stern is about the most visible part.

Do you have water in the bilge area under the pump? I'm asking because it might not be fresh water. Is your pump coming on at a fairly regular basis to keep the pressure up? If no, then you might not have a freshwater leak.

Also under that same shelf is a hull drain. Mine leaked and my macerator backing plate leaked as well. I removed both last winter. The drain is pretty much useless because the water doesn't stay there when the boat is blocked, it flows under the mid cabin seating.

The hot water heater is in the mid cabin berth behind an access panel. The door closest to bulkhead as Sherman said.

Bob
1988 10m mid cabin
Unchained
Sporadic User

Post by Unchained »

It takes a long time to fill the tank because it must be pouring out pretty quick somewhere. The pump never shuts off and the water pressure is weak. I'll take a look under the deck this week and also see about the water heater. Thanks for the help guys.
BarryL
Sporadic User

Post by BarryL »

I have a 1990 10 meter Mid Cabin and the hot water tank is accessible from the mid cabin port side. Picture it being aft of the stairs and under the cockpit passenger seat and you will find it with ease.

Barry