What a Lady F47

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

aaronbocknek wrote:i've had a chance to study the pics on yachtworld today between trips and the hull is indeed wood. if you look at some of the close ups, you will see slight outlines of wood planks under the white hull paint. also, the chine is typical trojan wood hull chine. the transom is a dead giveaway. varnished mahogany to be sure.
yep, fiberglass superstructure, wood decks (teak over marine ply), mahogany toe rails, hull is probably oak. she is a beauty though.

tri cabin aaron
Yeh clearly wood. The transom says it all. Who would pay for an overlay of that quality?
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

I was going to post this last night but the site was a bit persnickety and wouldn't let me... For comparison purposes, http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... wo=north44&

The proposed 47ish Trojan is probably from the Trojan/Sheppard era, but has been highly customized and renovated. Looks kickass from what I can see in the pics, but how recent are they? A wood boat isn't a problem as long as you stay on top of it...... it's pretty clear the owner(s) of this one have bent over backwards on woodwork and finishes for the superstructure and interior - if the pics are current and they have looked after the hull and ribs ( ie structure) to the same degree then this boat will probably go without major work for another 10-15 years.
SteveGreenway

Re: What a Lady F47

Post by SteveGreenway »

I just ran across this forum by accident. This was a surprise because this is my old boat. I am not the current owner, I sold it to him about 5 years ago. I haven't been on the boat for about 4 years, but I did virtually all the work mentioned in the listing and shown in the photos.

I would be happy to try and answer any questions about the boat.

Most of the photos shown are photos that I took, meaning that they are 5 years old. I can't speak for the current condition of things, but I could tell you what I did to the boat.

She is indeed an f47 with a wood hull and fiberglass cabin top. The hull is 1" (actual) mahogany planking over 1/4" marine ply and that is over sawn oak frames. The engines were Chrysler 440s when I bought the boat, but I swapped them for GM 454s. The engines were lightly used out of a 1986 carver. I switched them to electronic ignition. After the chryslers, these engines were a dream. Around 850 hours when I sold it so not much use in the past 5years.

Not sure how often I'll get back here so email me if you have specific questions steve.greenway001@gmail.com
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Surprised the ad is still there as this was posted over 4 years ago . and it still incorrectly lists it as a F47 . F boats have fiber glass hulls not wood .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

Post by 1967 seavoyager »

If it's a wood hull (carvel planked) then it's a Sea Voyager.
They'll pry a rotten plank from my cold dead fingers before i go "Tupperware". http://www.photobucket.com/restless
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"
1967 Trojan 36' Sea Voyager Express
JimK

Post by JimK »

How about those skylights in what appears to be the salon (or is a saloon in a boat this size)? I am guessing that is a custom upgrade. Either way, I love the way they look.

Anyone know how fast a 34,000 pound boat can cruise with twin 454 gasoline engines?
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

JimK wrote:How about those skylights in what appears to be the salon (or is a saloon in a boat this size)? I am guessing that is a custom upgrade. Either way, I love the way they look.

Anyone know how fast a 34,000 pound boat can cruise with twin 454 gasoline engines?
the large skylight was fashioned out of the frame outline for the engine removal hatch. the smaller ones look to be an addition.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com