Trojan 26

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

glassparfan

Trojan 26

Post by glassparfan »

Hello. I am new to the Trojan forum.

I am possibly interested in buying a 26 Trojan express. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of this model? Any information would be very helpful....Cruising speed, top speed, ocean going capabilities and or general specs of the boat, etc. Do folks on this forum recommend this boat or possibly another Trojan model. I live in SoCal and will be taking the next boat out in the ocean on a regular basis. How does the boat/hull compare to other top brands i.e. Bertram, Skipjack etc?

Look forward to reading responses and recommendations.

THANKS!!
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

welcome fellow so cal boater!

how far out do you wish to travel and from which port?
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
glassparfan

Post by glassparfan »

I want the next boat to be able to do everything....fish, harbor cruise, go to catalina, day trips etc...

Any thoughts??

THANKS!!!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Welcome to the forum . I would not call the F26 a ocean going boat But there are few 26 footers I would . Can it go in the ocean ? sure but you have to pick your days . Its a good all around boat

I have a F36 and I still pick my days
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Welcome aboard.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

The F-26 is a great boat depending on your specific needs. Based on Great Lakes boating I can tell you the following: it cruises between 18-20 mph @ about 1.3 miles per gallon, top speed is 28 mph, handles well in 3-4 ft waves (Lake Erie waves close together), 4-6 ft can be a handfull, moving fast thru a following sea no problem, slow in a following sea the boat gets pushed around and is hard to handle.

Generally these boats are solid however it depends on the condition its in. I would recommend that no matter what model boat you should find that will suit your needs, have it surveyed by a professional before you purchase it. You'll have a better idea what your getting into.

Hope this helps.

Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
BeaconMarineBob
Beacon Bob
Beacon Bob

Post by BeaconMarineBob »

Performance Data for F 26 318 or 228 (not the V drive model 70, 71 )

1. Low Cruise 2500 RPM 13 MPH
2. Cruise 3000 RPM 19 MPH
3. Max Cruise 4000 RPM 28.5

Trojan did make a F-26 with T 140 Volvo Sterndrives 79' 80' Top speed was 35 MPH
Bob Cushman, Owner
Beacon Marine Supply
Bob@BeaconMarineSupply.com
(609)713-4602
~ Please Contribute to the Forum ~
MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

I agree with everything Paul said regarding performance and handling. It's a solid boat, and pretty economical to run. Also, the F-26 has a large cabin for a 26 foot boat.

Definitely do get a survey with whatever boat you purchase and good luck
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

welcome im new too. paul i like that boat again, i think it needs an all black haul LOL
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

Don't forget, a gloss black hull will show every imperfection in the hull. :wink:
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

jefflaw35 wrote:welcome im new too. paul i like that boat again, i think it needs an all black haul LOL

Jeff you have 2 Paul's here ( or more if you count me )

You have Paul and Paul - SW Ontario , Both have done great things with their boats
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

DOH!!! sorry guys,lol and dont forget im a auto painter!!!! imperfections BLAH . i have had work in 3 hotrod magazines and 4 bike mags... not to brag, but dont you worry LOL i got this
rspecops

Trojan 26

Post by rspecops »

Jeff post some pics of your progress and paint. I bought a 1978 F 26 F/B couple months ago and I am in currently getting her ready to fish out in the gulf. I have replaced every switch and installed brand new gauges apart from disconnecting and cleaning every other terminal and connection. The salt is bad enough on newer electrical terminations so you might want to think about that also. New bottom paint will be the next renovation then it's on its way to the big pond.