Your Lottery Boat (Dream Boat)

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

I would go with a 60 footish Bertram!!!
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

aaronbocknek wrote:[b
2nd.... since i'm a tree hugger, i'd love to get the greenline 40' hybrid yacht. great technology and i love the idea of slow speeds using no fossile fuels.

aaron
Dude, Did you notice that the boat is built with FRP? Also the site said diesel/electric power? And it was a semi9displacement hull? tRUE greenism would dictate a full displacement hull!

Love your idea of fully restoring the ole Trojan.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

zdek wrote:No question - True North. Probably the 38, but they all rock.

There are a few on our lake and all are gorgeous yachts. The back deck is so convenient - and right on the waterline.

SOOOO right ! Beautiful boats.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

jimbo36 wrote:foofer, one of the best parts of my job as a marina General Manager is being around and operating some very nice boats. The largest boat in our harbour is a very pristine 65 Fleming. Too incredable to explain. zdek, we also have a Pearson True North 40. Both of these boats are major eye candy for sure. No, I haven't seen Lisa Kim Fleming around. Darn.

As Yoda would say,

"In Yachts, good taste you have, Jimbo!"
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

gettaway wrote:VIKING 61 CONVERTIBLE,

Oh Crap, I feel I am being drawn to the Viking side!
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

aaronbocknek wrote:hey guys, i feel left out not posting pics in this thread. you are guys cutting and pasting the pics onto this? just curious. and ron, hope my onboard uniform will be dress casual and no tie. i can't stand a tie. will the hatteras be boston terrier friendly?
aaron

Can't you C+p my young Jedi?
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

Tis so simple my young apprentices. Merely save a web image (or your digital image) to your docs, or wherever you save them. Then upload to your photobucket folder. Then hover over the pic on PB and click on the IMG CODE web address. This saves the web address as a copy. Then open Trojan page and right click in dialogue area ( where you be typin) and click on paste. This drops the web addy on the trojan forum page you are creaTING, and when the page is opened , voulez (walla) your picture is presented!

Ps save this to the sticky page. Seems a lot more straightforward than the other directions.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

foofer b wrote:
2nd.... since i'm a tree hugger, i'd love to get the greenline 40' hybrid yacht. great technology and i love the idea of slow speeds using no fossile fuels.

aaron
Dude, Did you notice that the boat is built with FRP? Also the site said diesel/electric power? And it was a semi9displacement hull? tRUE greenism would dictate a full displacement hull!

And Full sail power to be truly green
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

prowlersfish wrote:
foofer b wrote:

aaron

but if you are using the solar panels to charge the batteries to run the electric motor at displacement speeds prior to the diesel kicking in, isn't that green? i think the idea and the concept are amazing though. however, i would HATE to think what the cost of replacing those LI ION batteries would be 10 years down the road. the sub systems look complex, but they are really fairly straight forward. everything is modular, even the solar panels. the fit and finish of this boat is really nice. a lot of the materials used in the cabin come from recycled materials too. all in all, it's just a nice looking boat. i loved the 33 they had first, but the 40 is even better and gives just a bit more room.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

aaronbocknek wrote:
prowlersfish wrote:
foofer b wrote: Dude, Did you notice that the boat is built with FRP? Also the site said diesel/electric power? And it was a semi9displacement hull? tRUE greenism would dictate a full displacement hull!

but if you are using the solar panels to charge the batteries to run the electric motor at displacement speeds prior to the diesel kicking in, isn't that green? i think the idea and the concept are amazing though. however, i would HATE to think what the cost of replacing those LI ION batteries would be 10 years down the road. the sub systems look complex, but they are really fairly straight forward. everything is modular, even the solar panels. the fit and finish of this boat is really nice. a lot of the materials used in the cabin come from recycled materials too. all in all, it's just a nice looking boat. i loved the 33 they had first, but the 40 is even better and gives just a bit more room.
wonder how long the pay back is on the green house gas that it takes to make those li lon batteries.
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
myakka

Post by myakka »

I want all of this guys boats when he is done with them(post 96 and 113)
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-out ... ats-5.html

sorry you have to scroll down to post 96 and post 113 is on the next page.
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

foofer b wrote:

aaron

indeed i know of the construction. the diesel/electric motor is efficient and saves fuel. it's no different than a hybrid motor car.

frp...
Applications

Fibre-reinforced plastics are best suited for any design program that demands weight savings, precision engineering, finite tolerances, and the simplification of parts in both production and operation. A moulded polymer artefact is cheaper, faster, and easier to manufacture than cast aluminium or steel artefact, and maintains similar and sometimes better tolerances and material strengths. The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV also used FRP for its spoiler material.

i love the technology in this boat, and on youtube, you can actually watch her underway. beautiful.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Like Tony said how green was the making of those batteries ? and if you run the Diesel its not so green is it ?

Just like how E10 is more "green " then reg. gas . the final product maybe but getting there is not .

I am all in favor of cleaner running engines , they are a win win as the run better and burn less fuel . but there are limits .

Diesel Electric works on trains for sure , but so far Its not in boats and cars in spite of the claims

Some of the tree hugers and AL gore types seem to want to tell evey one how to be green , but don't live it them selves .

how about a cement sail boat ? that woud be green ? and yes they will float
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

prowlersfish wrote:
Just like how E10 is more "green " then reg. gas . the final product maybe but getting there is not .

I am all in favor of cleaner running engines , they are a win win as the run better and burn less fuel . but there are limits .
I edited quote for comment.

E10 = less H.P. from all gas engines...
growing more food to burn is adding to the death of the river deltas of OUR country and adding to food cost which hits the 49%ers the most but makes the lobbyist and ADM more $ and screws up my engines
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Agreed . prhaps I sould have been more clear

The clearer running engine part was not referring to E10 , It was referring to things like electronic fuel control etc.

E10 is the biggest joke as far as being green or good in anyway . Its only good if you sell corn. or do boat repairs for a living

E10 - bad

Cleaner running engines -good
Last edited by prowlersfish on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels