Yet another bilge vent question.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

yorklyn
Active User

Yet another bilge vent question.

Post by yorklyn »

Im rebuilding my vent boxes on the side of my 10 meter. I've been racking my brain on how to limit the amount of water entering through the bilge hoses from rain and wash downs. I thought of a baffle angled 45 degrees behind the vent but that would prevent water that gets in from draining out. Heres what I came up with. I made a new piece of wood to replace the rotted one. drilled two holes for four inch bilge hose. I plan on glassing it in so the top of the wood is flush with the bottom edge of the louver cut out. This way the lip wont prevent water from exiting the box. I was looking for a way to extend the holes up so water doesnt flow down the hoses to the bilge. Decided to try pvc pipe and caulk them in place. I think I may cut them a few inches on the miter saw. What do you think? I do not like using home depot parts on my boat but this is the eaisest solution I could come up with.

[/img]Image[

[/imgImage]
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
1992 Scout 15.5 Center Console