1986 Trojan F27: Nina Colada II

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jimbo36
Moderate User

Post by jimbo36 »

very nice! 8)
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

Lawman wrote:Beautiful boat! The only thing I would suggest is turning the two front or two rear side vents, All of yours are facing rear. One set should be able to let air in and one to exhaust fumes from the bilge. Just my 2 cents.
+1 to both.
On my F32 the aft vents face forward as the blower hoses discharge at the midship vents.... would suggest you have the blower exhaust vents facing aft to aid the fume discharge underway.
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

Lawman wrote:Beautiful boat! The only thing I would suggest is turning the two front or two rear side vents, All of yours are facing rear. One set should be able to let air in and one to exhaust fumes from the bilge. Just my 2 cents.
+1
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
LLCD

Post by LLCD »

Wel, its been a while since I worked on the boat. Today I took off the side walls of the outside cabin. It was a lot of work! On the left side it wasn't that hard but on the right side (the pilot side) it was honestly a pain in the ass! I had to remove the helm as you can see in the pictures to get to one last screw in the very corner. My plan is to redo the wood, sand, polish, get a new piece of plywood and change the fabric to the same white as the seats. Hopefully everything goes as planned and there are no other problems...

Pictures in the link: http://imgur.com/a/FnQyz

Edit: spelling
LEO. C
1986 F27 EXPRESS
georgepet

Post by georgepet »

Great looking boat. I have to admit when I first saw the photos I went looking for F27's LOL. Made one offer but we were too far apart on price and went with what I originally wanted which was an F32. Anyways, my compliments, she's a beaut

G
George P
1978 Trojan F32 "Defiant"
LLCD

Post by LLCD »

Thanks man! BTW how much was that difference? We're looking to sell ours but we don't really know where we stand on price...
LEO. C
1986 F27 EXPRESS
georgepet

Post by georgepet »

LLCD, it isn't an apples to apples comparison, the person had a bow thruster, a full suite of electronics, re-man engine and it was nicely cared for but was asking $19.5 and wouldn't budge under $17k. In this economy and for that vintage irrespective of how well it was cared for wasn't within my comfort zone. For myself, I've only paid cash for things, never a loan, no debt, not even a mortgage and so I was likely more ornery/difficult as a buyer.
George P
1978 Trojan F32 "Defiant"
LLCD

Post by LLCD »

Annnnnnnd We're done with the laterals!
http://imgur.com/a/x7yqU

I also worked on the front piece of wood.
http://imgur.com/a/cVKMv

and we also pull out the circulating water pump since it was making really loud and squeaky noises when the engine was started. Sorry no pictures of it.
LEO. C
1986 F27 EXPRESS
Muskokan345

Post by Muskokan345 »

Nice looking boat, I've got the sister ship to your's! I know what you went through removing the side panels, but well worth it, right? Just curious, the first couple pics show the Trojan logo and stripes on the cabin side, but they are gone in later pics, I took mine off as I felt they dated the boat, funny, did you remove them?
1986 F26
LLCD

Post by LLCD »

Yuppp we took them off because we couldn't find the actual Trojan graphics... And it looks cleaner and simple
LEO. C
1986 F27 EXPRESS
LLCD

Post by LLCD »

Yuppp we took them off because we couldn't find the actual Trojan graphics... And it looks cleaner and simple
LEO. C
1986 F27 EXPRESS
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

LLCD wrote:Yuppp we took them off because we couldn't find the actual Trojan graphics... And it looks cleaner and simple
how did you remove the decals and what did you do to the gelcoat once they were removed to prevent shadow effect?
thanks man.
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Muskokan345

Post by Muskokan345 »

On my 27 I used a hair dryer and vinyl scraper to remove decals, after that I had the boat wet sanded and all but a tiny trace of the decals is gone!
1986 F26
CapeCharlieF27

Re: 1986 Trojan F27: Nina Colada II

Post by CapeCharlieF27 »

Good looking boat! I just tripped over and bought a 1986 F27. Very cool, having fun giving her the TLC she so badly needed.
I'm searching for a doorknob for the companionway door. The door is in great shape, but the handle hardware is missing. Attached is the photo from Nina Colada. Any ideas where I can source one the door handle hardware? :?:

Also the deck area around the fore hatch was very soft. I removed the fiberglass from the inside, and removed the wet balsa core. I'll rebuild the area and reinstall the hatch, and hopefully that will do it. Anybody have any experience with a soft deck around the fore hatch?

Thanks to Nina Colada photos I've found my solution to anchor stowage! I'll be attaching a roller under the pulpit, and a windlass too.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 1986 Trojan F27: Nina Colada II

Post by prowlersfish »

nice
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D