My first happiest day....

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

It's worrier, Sir Aaron, as in you are worried about it working. That problem has since been, ahem, fixed.

In other news, the thread I referenced about "Broken tabbing, cracks in hull, what's normal?" has been deleted by the moderator. He said there were "issues" but didn't say what, so I asked for the courtesy of a more complete explanation. I have my own ideas about what happened, but will wait for a better response before I jump to conclusions.

And I might still end-up in Parkside. The lady there called me and made me an offer on a bigger slip. The only thing is that I'd be paying for more slip than I need for the time being.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

P-Dogg wrote:In other news, the thread I referenced about "Broken tabbing, cracks in hull, what's normal?" has been deleted by the moderator. He said there were "issues" but didn't say what, so I asked for the courtesy of a more complete explanation. I have my own ideas about what happened, but will wait for a better response before I jump to conclusions
I don't think it has anything to do with you. The bottom line is someone is trying to sell his boat and if it was me I wouldn't want that post up on the net.
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

summer storm wrote:
P-Dogg wrote:In other news, the thread I referenced about "Broken tabbing, cracks in hull, what's normal?" has been deleted by the moderator. He said there were "issues" but didn't say what, so I asked for the courtesy of a more complete explanation. I have my own ideas about what happened, but will wait for a better response before I jump to conclusions
I don't think it has anything to do with you. The bottom line is someone is trying to sell his boat and if it was me I wouldn't want that post up on the net.
+ 1. Mod is just doing his job...
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

If there was nothing inaccurate in the post about the boats condition then why should it be removed :?:
Why should the truth be hidden :?:
Just how it looks to me...
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by Moderator »

The thread is gone. It is time to let it rest and move on.

Helping keep Trojan Yachts alive .
Forum Moderator
TrojanBoats.Net
Trojan Boater
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Congrats on your purchase. But saying it's the nicest Tricabin, may insult a few others. There are many nice Tricabins belonging to other members here. :wink: Just sayin'...

Again, glad you got what was worth the wait, looking forward to some pics.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

I corrected myself above and said that it was the nicest that was for sale....
One issue that I want to clarify. This is the best of the tricabs out there that were FOR SALE. No insult intended for any of our esteemed forum members who have a nice tricab that is not for sale.
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

P-Dogg wrote: I needed a less expensive hobby, so bought a boat!
:lol: Optimistic new boater! :wink:

Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

Moderator wrote:The thread is gone. It is time to let it rest and move on.
Just so I understand the rules of the forum....
Are you saying moderator decisions/actions are not to be scrutinized here :?:
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

ready123 wrote:If there was nothing inaccurate in the post about the boats condition then why should it be removed :?:
Why should the truth be hidden :?:
Just how it looks to me...
I am not defending the boat by any means but most the posts are opinion and not fact. By people that haven't even seen the boat in person, just photos.
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
P-Dogg
Active User

Post by P-Dogg »

but most the posts are opinion and not fact. By people that haven't even seen the boat in person, just photos.
This is precisely what the moderator told me he thought was the problem. Of course, he then turned around and deleted the thread having not seen the boat in person himself. Recall that it was a trained surveyor who first identified the cracks as a problem, who was looking at the boat hanging right in front of his face in the sling. I only sought additional opinions from the forum to see if these things were normal. The title of the original thread was "broken tabbing, cracks in hull, what's normal? I asked a question, I didn't make an accusation (or identify the boat). Accompanying the pictures was a written description, which seems to have been lost in the discussion along the way. The cracks were not just in the bottom paint, they were way into the gelcoat. They were not run-of-the-mill stress cracks, some were big enough to put my fingernail in.

I suggested to the moderator that if he felt people were making unfounded comments that the cracks and other issues were abnormal, that he step in and say that it is difficult to assess the condition when you are not looking at the boat, then freeze the thread. Doing so leaves intact the body of information that makes this forum so valuable, and lets the moderator pass on his wisdom to future forum readers. Deleting the thread renders all opportunity for learning dead. Censoring information and stymying public duscussion are not values held dear in America.

I contributed financially to this forum for two years when I didn't even own a Trojan, as I think that this forum is a wonderful venue to learn and grow. I appreciate the support that we give each other to keep this orphaned brand going, and yes Mr. Moderator, I appreciate your efforts running the forum even as we disagree in this matter. Thanks, Perry
hmc
Sporadic User

Post by hmc »

:roll:
f boat ( glass )
TROJANS !!!
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by Moderator »

I don't take delelteing threads lighty However there are time when it needs to be done , In many cases there is more to it then is on the surface .

Time to move on .

Helping keep Trojan Yachts alive .
Forum Moderator
TrojanBoats.Net
Trojan Boater
EM63
Moderate User

Post by EM63 »

Moderator wrote:I don't take delelteing threads lighty
Thats for sure - and you are very welcome in my opinion :wink:
--
Greetings - Heiner