Pump out deck fitting location for holding tank?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Unchained
Sporadic User

Pump out deck fitting location for holding tank?

Post by Unchained »

My boat was set up only for overboard discharge and I want to install a valve and route another hose for pump out. Does anyone know where the factory routed this hose and where the deck fitting location should be?
Any help or guidance is much appreciated. Thanks, Mike
1987 10 Meter Mid-Cabin
Twin Crusader FWC 454's
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

That's odd. I thought the later model Trojans had dockside pump out plumbing and deck plates as standard in later years. After January 1, 1977, USCG regulations required all new boats to have an approved dockside discharge system or means to treat and discharge waste.
Did your boat come with a discharge treament system only? I thought I read that meter boats came standard with dockside discharge and plumbing.
I'm sure RWS can address you question directly.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
Unchained
Sporadic User

Post by Unchained »

I thought it was odd myself and only noticed it after I had purchased the boat last year. I rebuilt an engine and dealt with some other issues since then and left this on the back burner until now. I did purchase the Trojan manual and documentation from Bob at Beacon Marine a while back. I'll check out the invoice to see what might be listed for the type of head or plumbing that was installed. The holding tank is located up front under the bed and the macerator is under the floor. I looked everywhere and see no other hoses going to the deck and no fitting.
1987 10 Meter Mid-Cabin
Twin Crusader FWC 454's
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

My F 36 came with a pump out fitting on deck and she is a 77/78 I would be surprise if yours did not .

Meter guys?

RWS you have a call on line 1 :wink:
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Got the message, thanks.

On my 1983 Express cruiser it's a pretty simple system.

Waste goes from the head to the built in hull waste tank via the vacuflush system.

There are only 2 lines to the waste tank, the one Vacuflush inlet and one outlet.

The outlet is plumbed to a tee, which goes in two directions.

One is the macerator, then to overboard discharge via a shut off seacock.

The other side of the tee goes to the pumpout fitting, which on the express is on the starboard side.

It is necessary to shut off the macerator seacock for a pumpout.

There is no "Y" valve or other manual device in the system.

The waste fitting is exactly opposite the fresh water fill fitting on th eport side.

The info above is for a 1983 Express (non-mid cabin) model.

Hope this helps.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
BarryL
Sporadic User

Post by BarryL »

On my 1990 10 Meter Mid Cabin the holding tank is under the V berth and th pump out s on the forward starboard side just where the bow rail starts to angle in toward the center of the boat. I believe the pump out hose is routed up the side of the boat from the tank just inside the forward bulkhead of the v birth closet. The Vacu flush pump and expansion tank are under the floor, under an access hatch just forward of the junction of the v birth and main salon.

I can send pictures if you like.

Barry
I love my boat! It takes all of my money and doesn't bitch.
Unchained
Sporadic User

Post by Unchained »

Hi Barry, if you could send me pictures, that would be great. If you have trouble posting them here, you can email to mike@ccpower.com.
I'm heading out in a few hours and will start looking around down there. Thanks for the help. Mike
1987 10 Meter Mid-Cabin
Twin Crusader FWC 454's
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

:)
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
Unchained
Sporadic User

Post by Unchained »

Hey guys, I confirmed this weekend that I do not have any plumbimg going to the deck from the holding tank under the V berth bed and no deck waste fitting visible anywhere. I also didn't notice the Vacu flush pump or expansion tank, only the macerator pump located under the floor access panel in the V berth. The hose from the head goes directly to the tank, then another hose goes from the tank to the macerator, then a hose from there routes up under the bench seat by the table through a vented loop and back down to the discharge shut-off valve. Barry, I saw you created a new post to reply to this and hope you might have some pictures of your setup. You can try my email too if you're having issues. Thanks again for the feedback and support everyone,---Mike.
1987 10 Meter Mid-Cabin
Twin Crusader FWC 454's