Looks like a good deal on an 11 Meter International

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

thats nice Mike!!! Do you know how to make a 17 week old Doberman Pinch stop eating window blinds? She is killing me, I cant pay attention to the boat tread here!!
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

jefflaw35 wrote:thats nice Mike!!! Do you know how to make a 17 week old Doberman Pinch stop eating window blinds? She is killing me, I cant pay attention to the boat tread here!!
Yeh, put cayenne pepper on the blinds.

Thats bleach and cayenne in 2 days. I'll remember that when I pay you for the 280 E resto. Its coming off the bill.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

:lol: oh hell!!! :!:
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Commissionpoint wrote:
Jerry wrote:
I would say it would be much worse.
You are pushing over 4 more feet of beam and thousands of pounds more in weight with a larger engine off to one side of the boat. Of course it is going to use more fuel. Now throw in some 4 footers and you are all set.
In the single engine 29' that I ran I would use about 70 gal for a full day of fishing. On my 10 Meter it would be around 150 gal a day.
150 x $4.29 a gallon is a lot of money to me.
Depends what you get for a charter. I hold NYSDEC guide license #5180. I can and do charter on it. Cash gets you aboard for $300 for 4 Hrs. , up to 4 ppl. (if you pay cash). Your gear or mine, makes no difference.

I have to run 10 miles out and 10 miles back. The run and the 4 hrs. trolling costs me about $60 bux at $4.30 a gallon. I troll on my Stbd. and its set to run in gear just above a stall. I'll take 5 to 1 on my money any day.
whats your fuel burn at cruse ? your numbers seem low . how fast do you run out and back ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

actually, strictly as a fishing platform, the 11 does not have all that much advantage over the 10.

The place where the 11 excels is in the larger accomodations, storage and the tremendous galley space afforded.

While the 11 is only 3+ feet longer, she is nearly 3' WIDER and her displacement is exponentially bigger (I don't want to qulte a wrong # here, so I won't)

There is far more breathing space in the 11.

IMHO, the 454's were only marginal as a power source for this size vessel.

With a pair of modern diesels, (Say the Cummins or Yanmar 370 series) she would be a versitile vessel to own, as she can fish or cruise with tremendous comfort, convenience and accomodations.

RWS
Last edited by RWS on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
Jerry
Moderate User

Post by Jerry »

Commissionpoint wrote:
Jerry wrote:
I would say it would be much worse.
You are pushing over 4 more feet of beam and thousands of pounds more in weight with a larger engine off to one side of the boat. Of course it is going to use more fuel. Now throw in some 4 footers and you are all set.
In the single engine 29' that I ran I would use about 70 gal for a full day of fishing. On my 10 Meter it would be around 150 gal a day.
150 x $4.29 a gallon is a lot of money to me.
Depends what you get for a charter. I hold NYSDEC guide license #5180. I can and do charter on it. Cash gets you aboard for $300 for 4 Hrs. , up to 4 ppl. (if you pay cash). Your gear or mine, makes no difference.

I have to run 10 miles out and 10 miles back. The run and the 4 hrs. trolling costs me about $60 bux at $4.30 a gallon. I troll on my Stbd. and its set to run in gear just above a stall. I'll take 5 to 1 on my money any day.
If you can do all that with using just under 14 Gallons of fuel I was using the wrong boat!
Those numbers do seem very low. I could probably come close to that in my 23' WAC but that would be about it.
Commissionpoint
Active User

prowlersfish wrote:

whats your fuel burn at cruse ? your numbers seem low . how fast do you run out and back ?
Its not like running against the tide or current or anything of the sort around here. Its 20-30 minutes out and maybe a little less back because I will troll the last pass in the direction of home. Not running out and back all thhat hard. Its landlocked, so since you can't really go anywhere off the lake I'm usually never in a rush.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)

summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

Commissionpoint wrote:
prowlersfish wrote:

Its not like running against the tide or current or anything of the sort around here. Its 20-30 minutes out and maybe a little less back because I will troll the last pass in the direction of home. Not running out and back all thhat hard. Its landlocked, so since you can't really go anywhere off the lake I'm usually never in a rush.
Not running that hard? my math shows 3.5 gallons per hour for 4 hours. Are you idling all the way out and back?

Here are the numbers from my book on the 32 sedan

Performance

Chrysler 225/228Mercruisers
2,500 RPM 13 knots 15.6 GPH
3,000 RPM 18.5 knots 22.5 GPH
4,000 RPM 28 knot 40.5 GPH
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
Commissionpoint
Active User

summer storm wrote:
Not running that hard? my math shows 3.5 gallons per hour for 4 hours. Are you idling all the way out and back?
Yeh, sounds about right. Its usually 15-20 gallons for a 4 hr. charter. Running out for 20-30 mns at 1600 to 1800 RPM's and running at just above a stall on one engine for 3+ hrs, and returning. I suppose I could run out and back a lot faster and pass that increased fuel burn on to my customers in the form of increased rates, but thats not how I operate. I put folks on the fish, let them enjoy the scenery, and 9 times out of 10 they tip very well for both me and the crew. (I add a crew member in certain weather or if its more than 4 passengers. Otherwise I single hand most charters.) You don't have to fish either. You could charter for hikes or camping too which is more profitable as there are no supplies like bait or wear and tear on fishing equipment. Those people I run around a little faster. Actually might get it on plane if I like the customer. ;)
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)