UPDATE FROM AARON.....ALMOST FINISHED WEEK 4!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

UPDATE FROM AARON.....ALMOST FINISHED WEEK 4!

Post by aaronbocknek »

hey gang, sorry i've been absent this week. the radiation burns are really starting to take hold and it's been a really rough week for me. after my treatment at 1700 today and my mini physical i'll have more to report, but, after today, week 4 is done and in the record books. after today, god willing, i will have just 12 more treatments to go. i'm already noticing some physiological changes in the tumor and my appetite level has increased quite a bit. my radiation doc thinks this is great as my metabolism is keeping up with the increased need for my body to rebuild. he's never seen this before and is very enthusiastic. normally the metabolism kicks in a few weeks after treatment, but never really during. it all depends on the individual is my take on it. i also became a cancer buddy to a young woman who is just beginning treatment for the exact same cancer i have. we have the same medical team too!

so, i'll report back later this evening if my pain meds don't end up kicking me to the ground, like now. i'll sign off before i start typing stupid things that do not make any sense at all.

you all have been tremendous during this 'voyage' of mine. and for that i am ever appreciative.
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Allen Sr
Active User

Post by Allen Sr »

Good to hear. Keep us posted and give me a call when you get a chance.
Growing old is inevitable,but growing up is optional
1984 F36 w/350 Crusaders 'Reel Class'
2011 Trojan Rendevous
Solomons Get Together 2011
Ocean City 2012,2013,2015
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

Allen Sr wrote:Good to hear. Keep us posted and give me a call when you get a chance.
will do allen. i'm just trying to 'maintain' this morning. it's been a roller coaster of a night.
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

This will be over in just a few more treatments. :D
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
BarryL
Sporadic User

Post by BarryL »

Aaron,

that sounds like good news. God Speed to you.

On a side note. I have been in the Cancer treatment field for 25 years in the Radiation therapy segment as an engineer and I work with the machines you are most likely getting treated on and although I have never been a patient (yet) I can empathize with the changes your body is going through.

Trust me when I tell you that you are in good hands both from the Oncologist, physicist, radiation therapist's and even the engineer's that keep the equipment humming along.

From experience I can tell you that taking a new patient under your wing will bring you a little peace and will help make both of you more comfortable with the process.

Think of yourself as her "Sponsor" and friend and you will be amazed at how it relaxes you and her. Many have gone through the same things but it's always best to go through it with a friend and the support of family which you obviously have behind you.

Good luck.

Barry
I love my boat! It takes all of my money and doesn't bitch.