how to change raw water impellar on an 87 10 meter mid cabin

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

sluggo
Sporadic User

how to change raw water impellar on an 87 10 meter mid cabin

Post by sluggo »

with 454 crusader enginges, the starboard side. any suggestions on how to get to it easily?? from the center hatch? or take out the center and slide the hatch over? any thoughts appreciated!
Sluggo
87 10 mid cabin
Ohio river
BobCT
Active User

Post by BobCT »

Remove center and Stb side hatches and it'll be on the Stb side of the engine. You have to remove the pump completely, no way to do it place.
Whether you remove the center hatch and slide the bigger one over is up to you. With both out, you can lay across the engine or put one leg in front of the engine and stand there. You just need to loosen the two bolts that are facing UP to get it out.

Remember to mark the direction of the impellor fins on the pump body so you get the new impellor going in the same direction.

Bob
1988 10m mid cabin
sluggo
Sporadic User

thanks I think!!

Post by sluggo »

thanks!
Sluggo
87 10 mid cabin
Ohio river
Mike Kulp
Moderate User

Post by Mike Kulp »

If you find there is blades missing from the impeller you must find them, they ussually end up in the coolers.
Mike 1986 10 Meter mid cabin
BarryL
Sporadic User

Post by BarryL »

When you install the impeller it helps to coat it with dish soap. Slides right in. Another tip is to take a cable tie and slowly cinch it onto the new impeller while rotating the fins of the impeller in the direction you want them to end up. Once you have the impeller half way into the housing cut the cable tie off and finish installing the impeller the rest of the way in.

Barry
I love my boat! It takes all of my money and doesn't bitch.