FROM TRI CABIN AARON, FORWARD TO WEEK 6 !

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

FROM TRI CABIN AARON, FORWARD TO WEEK 6 !

Post by aaronbocknek »

hey gang, well, it's been a really bad weekend. the radiation burns are extremely painful, so , on tuesday, i am seeing my dermatologist to address the burns. pain meds are hardly touching the discomfort, so i'm seeing a physician that is trained for that. anyway, tuesday the 4ht i begin week 6 and the finish line is right around the corner. honestly, i really do not know how much more i can take. just ask perry and prowlerfish.... they have been amazingly supportive these last few days. thanks guys. so, 4 days of step down rad levels (thank god!!) then weekend off and just 2 more treatments left, with treatment ending on 11 sept. originally i did not want to finish on the 11th as that is the day that i lost 6 of my friends.... 3 on UAL and 3 on AAL. but, a friend i've made in the waiting room said, ''no. honor your friends, but, use the day to celebrate a NEW BEGINNING for you.'' okay. i think i will.
as many of you know, phil has been very distant during this whole ordeal, however, last tuesday, he came with me for my mitamycin-c chemo drip. after i was settled in my cubicle, he went to get some food. he arrived just as deb, my chemo nurse, was sliding the drip needle into one of my veins. this one needle has an attachment with 5 other tubes attached. he almost passed out. as a matter of fact, they made him sit down as he turned a nice shade of pale 'i don't know what.' (welcome to my world phil!) after i was 'hooked up', deb took him on a tour of the chemo floor. this tour included the pediatric and juvenal chemo wards. i think deb did this to show him that it's never easy, no matter what age. well gang, he came back a changed person. he was shaking, he was sweating, and kept repeating....''those small kids, all the tubes attached, those small kids!!" his lips were actually quivering when he was saying it. i looked at him and said,''now you get a better idea of what horrors i've been exposed to every day for the last 5 weeks. and every monday and tuesday, it's a new group of recruits into this nasty club. now you can understand why i can be in the kitchen, fixing dinner and just break down. it's not like taking a pill. it's highly involved.'' he stayed with me about two hours then headed home to take care of maccabee as i still had radiation later that afternoon. i arrived home to a dinner of organic, charbroiled burgers, baked potatoes, squash, fresh fruit and home brewed iced tea.
he's been very engaged for the last week too. so, maybe it took that one day to wake him up. i'll enjoy that for now.
take care folks. onward to week 6!!
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

Nice to hear Aaron, it's good to have someone by your side through hard times.....
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

gettaway wrote:Nice to hear Aaron, it's good to have someone by your side through hard times.....
to be honest, you all, my forum buddies, have been more of a support system than i could ever ask for. i do think that phil finally 'got it' by his visit. my family and my friends have been amazing too. i'm just looking forward to finishing and letting my body heal so i can enjoy my tri cabin before it's time to winterize :(
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

So glad to hear the news Aaron, and as I have said before concerning Phil, it was only a matter of time.
Almost at the end of this obstacle, now get better, and onward to much brighter and rewarding days ahead!
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

Torcan wrote:So glad to hear the news Aaron, and as I have said before concerning Phil, it was only a matter of time.
Almost at the end of this obstacle, now get better, and onward to much brighter and rewarding days ahead!
i hope so buddy. i really hope so. just have to get a handle on the pain factor. nothing seems to really touch it, short of complete and total sedation and or coma. :shock:
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

Just like I said before you know it it is over and starts going to a memory, it espedially will 5 year out when you are considered totally cured, best wishes and mazel tov. :)
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
Nancy
Moderate User

Post by Nancy »

Good to hear that Phil is finally coming around. Wonderful that the finish line is in sight. It's time for this phase to be *over*!!
thelast322

Post by thelast322 »

Arron- keep your chin up and you will get through these hard times. You sure sound like a fighter to me. Your almost there to the finish line. Keep your good spirits going to push you to the end. Your trojan family cares about you and want to see you come up on top. YOU CAN DO THIS MAN !!!

I will keep you in my prayers :D

Butch
"Liberty Call"

1991 F32 Crusaders
celebrating 10+years of ownership