As the sun sets...

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

As the sun sets...

Post by captainmaniac »

As the sun sets on another season...

Sunset_zpsc365a9ce.jpg
Sunset_zpsc365a9ce.jpg (55.25 KiB) Viewed 716 times

Water Music comes out in the morning.

The water is too low (fixed docks can be a pain), and the blue-green algae has moved in and started to smell. I am afraid I am going to slide under the dock and mess up my nice teak!

Boat_zps30dad024.jpg
Boat_zps30dad024.jpg (90.68 KiB) Viewed 716 times

Oh well... I have some painting and repair projects to deal with so getting out a bit early will (hopefully) let me get them dealt with before the cold sets in.

Window frames are going to be the first job, hoping to get a good result with Interlux primers and Brightside paint.

Some H Channel to order and replace as well. And if the wife doesn't find out, might order a set of the stainless TROJAN letters from Beacon to replace the pitted 33 year old chrome over plastic ones I have now...

Add to that replacement of rotted out mounting board for trim tab pump/reservoir, replace bridge rudder indicator, repaint boot stripe, sand and touch up varnish on aft rail, a coat or two of cetol on swim platform, and maybe replace old Syten steering system with something more current... and it's gonna be a busy winter.
Last edited by captainmaniac on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~DarkNemesis~

Post by ~DarkNemesis~ »

great pictures Capt, Crazy... :o I feel an early winter coming here, hope its not bad.... show more pics of your work, she is a beut for sure.....
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

Great pics, yes the water is really low this time of year, It is almost at the December limits.
We also have fixed docks and almost need a ladder to climb out of the boat :)

You have a bad case of the algae, it is not as bad up here at CBYC.

Haul-out is scheduled for October 27/28 :(
Last edited by Torcan on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
Lawman
Moderate User

Post by Lawman »

I feel your pain, mine comes out this week. My biggest project for the off season is replacing the port side shaft,should be fun!
1973 F30 Clean Machine
' Goomar '
(Italian for 'my mistress')

"It's only an island if you look at it from the water" -- Chief Brody
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

We were hauled out on Saturday. The water level along the Detroit river is now low enough that it would be a straight step off of the fixed dock to my cabin roof. I need a parachute to get from the dock into the cockpit. :D
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB