new wall covering

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

guglielmo6160 wrote:RWS do you have any pics of your interior?
====================================

sent to your personal e-mail acct.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

[g
1983 10 meter express
Mike Kulp
Moderate User

Post by Mike Kulp »

When I redid my interior on my 10 meter mid cabin we glued 1/4" foam to the walls then covered it with a material they use for pick up truck bed covers ( Very strong ) which we stapled top and bottom. I also replaced the head liner so we were able to hide the upper staples under that and finish off with a vinyl trim stapled into place, it was a lot of work and a friend off mine that did upholstrey helped me. The finished product looks good but if I had it to do over I would have done the one wall with a wood laminet for some contrast.
Mike 1986 10 Meter mid cabin
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

I started laying in the wood, trying to decide what color stain choose. I do know I want to go full gloss on the spar varnish. I always liked that look. I will be doing a similar pattern on the bottom of the seating area on the port side and then above the sink as a kinda back splash
1983 10 meter express
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

nice!! when you're finished, you can jet up to baltimore and help me take care of the covering on the hull sides in the fwd stateroom. the glue has lost it's stick, and there are some areas that are sagging. i hate sagging hull coverings. it's on my to do list. if i ever get to it.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

sure thing,,,lol
I cant wait to get done. Its a slow process as you can imagine.The upside is I get to use the boat while Im working on her.
1983 10 meter express
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

another wall done
1983 10 meter express
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

this looks good.

Did you know there is an identical boat to yours posted in Craigslist for $10,000?

RWS

========================================
1983 Trojan 10 meter international sports express - $10000 (cape coral florida)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2012-12-26, 12:05AM EST
Reply to this post 6ck28-3501139428@sale.craigslist.org[?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
excellent condtion, approx 225 hours on 454 engines, Turn key boat
draws 2 ft,
33ft
13+ beam
comes with lots of extras including
custom tower ,
twin high end stereo equipment
entire boat cover
fridge
central a/c and heat
head/shower/twin sinks
remote spot lamp
led lighting
inverter system
gps
depth sounder
tv/antenna
swim platform
ladder
and much more
recent interior
a lot to offer 10,000
email me for pictures if your interested, or any questions , please include your phone number
thanks
my price is firm, no low offers please

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID:3501139428
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

yeah, that was me, I since changed my mind, I was going to bail out, but changed my mind , I actually pulled that ad, Im surprised it still shows up
1983 10 meter express
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

almost done with the wood , I did a similar pattern on port side , I will take some more complete pictures once the carpet and table are in , so we can see the entire cabin,
next I work on the v berth
1983 10 meter express
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

looks great !

You going with cushions in there?

The factory side ones are held in place with velcro strips.

Also - while you're in the Vee berth, additional lighting is a good idea, as is the addition of one or more "shelves", one to port, one to stbd. These would be similar to those on the mid cabin, but more open.

A good place to keep "nightstand" items.

I want to change the area under the berth, where the mattress support is located. Lots of storage there but you are limited to holding the mattress up to access the round hatch. After seeing Ready123's President I got the idea to remove that plywood mattress base and build in a solid mattress base on hinges. This would provide for a tremendous amount of usable space space that would be quick and easy to get to.

Just some observations from someone who has used this boat.

RWS
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner

guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

RW
Yes, I will be going with pillows and cushions in that area and of course re fitting the table . I really dont like the color of my counter top and table , its like a sand/grey mix. But it will have to do for now. I put all new knobs on all the drawers and cabinets, and in the areas that the PO removed, broke or cut the accordians out I am having a marine shop cut me new marine vinyl with snaps to cover those areas, it looks ok like , as you can image with the curved surfaces its not practical to have doors. Now I have a shelf above that dinette area that runs along the bottom of the portholes, (what do you call that , ?) and have a few vintage lamps Im going to install there.(brass oil lamps that I found in my store, that I polished up, they look great) I know its not a vintage boat yet,,,,,,, but I love antiques and that old nautical look.

I cant agree more with your comments regarding the front v berth. I love the layout of my cabin, however I really dont like the v berth, not very practical for anything else except sleeping.
I do have a foam cushion in there,and as you said, a lot of wasted space.
what Im going to focus on first is removing or at the very least smooth out the paper in there so I can put a new finish on the walls,
then I have to secure the two shelves in there as I had to removed most of the screws that were holding them up as the PO used screws that were at least 1 inch to long and believe it or not they came through to the other side.
In fact this guy who ever it was was such a knuckle head that I even had to have a guy come to fix my hull gel coat because 8 screws were protruding through the outside of my hull on the port side!!!!!!!! horror!! LOL I laugh now but when I saw them I wasnt to happy, I dont know how I missed that when I surveyed the boat. Its not a big deal, but cosmetically a nightmare. You can barely tell .
I dont think I need any more storage in my boat, so Im going to leave the v berth the way it is for now with the exception of paint , cosmetics and so on.
I will however install more lighting as you said, it is pretty dark in there and while I have been in the boat I have installed a couple of lamps to shed some light.
Im going to do things like replace all the hinges lights, patch about a dozen holes etc.
The only thing I dont know yet is what Im doing with the flooring, I originally was going to go with a nice carpet, but I have been thinking again about the utility of an epoxy coating . That will match my interior. But not sure yet,
what are your thoughts on carpet?? I really hate carpet. Being a pet owner(I have three German Shepherds ) which come out with me alot(not all together, typically one at a time,,,lol) and the hair thing is out of control.I have learned to deal with it and keep it at bay. My dogs are not allowed in the main part of my home, they live in my pool area and the laundry room. But the boat is a different thing altogether. I hate all the "funk" that gathers in a carpet. Epoxie you can vac and wipe and your done. Dosent look as "warm" as carpet and has no sound deadening qualities but ....
utilitarian for sure.
I did a floor once in a Penn Yan that I had , I used tan epoxie with those sprinkle things you toss into it while its curing and it came out real nice, looked like you poured it in.
Again the carpet hides a multitude of sins. as I said this PO was hole happy.
1983 10 meter express