winter fishing, hell saftey period

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

~DarkNemesis~

winter fishing, hell saftey period

Post by ~DarkNemesis~ »

I know many will laugh but. Just a good idea to rethink the nights we fish alone or with friends. Or any time we are on the water. Tonight I fished a friends boat. While reeling in a schooly I stepped on a scrub brush that was loose on the floor. Wet floor with my boots on and (sober) I went over board at the 1st island. No current thank good, but a life lesson learned..... be careful guys. Could happen to anyone... Lost a very nice rig my wife bought me 2 years ago for my Bday, It was me or the rig. Amazing how fast I decided to swim back to the boat, let the rig go and get home. Will never happen again..... Be safe out there, even when you know your being safe...... That water is cold as fuggg when you calm down. No sence of feeling as you hit it....Still cant beleave it happened, but not scared to addmit it.... be safe guys, best u can.....
myakka

Post by myakka »

My MOB was alone on the boat. Our old marina owner is a friend of ours and I thought I was doing a good thing getting fuel on a Thursday so we wouldn't take up dock space on the weekend. After work I ran the inflatable out to the boat at its mooring and fired it up. I tied off the inflatable(to the mooring ball) and let loose the mooring line. After coming under the bridge I ran up and tied off the bow line and set the bitter end on the side most convenient to the tide for tie up. I ran the rest of the way past the mooring field in the river and made a slow turn to come about and head back into the tide. I decided, at that time, to set the stern line in its cleat. As I leaded over the rail, as I had done MANY times before, to insert the eye through the cleat, I kept on going... Seconds later I came above the surface, swam to shore as I watched my boat slowly chug through, at least a million dollars, of boats and nudge into the opposite shore. I got lucky.
Mike
Squall sailing dingy
18 outrage(Sold)
25 Trojan(still own, until current user finishes paying me)
Dauntless 220
hmc
Sporadic User

Post by hmc »

i GUESS YOU BOTH WILL BE USING LIFE JAKETS NOW , ESP AT NITE , I KNOW I WIL
f boat ( glass )
TROJANS !!!
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

hmc wrote:i GUESS YOU BOTH WILL BE USING LIFE JAKETS NOW , ESP AT NITE , I KNOW I WIL
A no brainer
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Torcan wrote:
hmc wrote:i GUESS YOU BOTH WILL BE USING LIFE JAKETS NOW , ESP AT NITE , I KNOW I WIL
A no brainer
X2 I wear one at night (with a strobe ) and when fishing alone .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D