My prayers to our CT friends

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

So tragic and senseless....all the parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, extended relations, friends, community, country...........all lives changed forever. I'm having trouble accepting this and keep hoping I'll wake up..........John
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

I see this was cleaned of the post that had to be one of the most unfeeling one's I've seen on ant Boat site Thank you Moderator...

The parents and town started to put the babies to rest today, God save them. I still don't get it. How anyone could do this. I was in combat and shot men shooting at me, I couldn't fathom how sick and twisted you'd have to be to do this.
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

:)
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
georgepet

Post by georgepet »

Two days after 9/11, and maybe it was the third, I don’t quite remember - I was on one of the first flights leaving the US en route to S. America. Waving off every airplane departing were hundreds of ground crew lined on a taxiway bearing signs “American we are, United we stand” saluting them off. There was barely a dry eye on board. It struck me that evening that this was a testament to the resilience of the American spirit. I don’t know how this will end, or what will be learned - those are deeper and inherently political questions. But I do know, as I’ve seen so many times before, that you as a people will come together, and be stronger for it, as you always have.

‘Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God.’ - Aeschylus
George P
1978 Trojan F32 "Defiant"
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

Beautiful tribute done by "THE VOICE" using Leonard Cohens song Hallelujah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-SeKsVm ... ture=share
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

i was doing fine, well, not really, until they showed the pictures of the little ones and the adults. the water works just started all over again. when they interviewed the rabbi that officiated at noah's funeral, i really took a nose dive. this planet is in a really bad neighborhood. like i said earlier, i find it hard to comprehend this. i called all 5 of my nieces and nephews yesterday (they are all young adults now) and just told them i loved them. at the mall today i noticed that parents are holding their kids hands just a little tighter right now. i know that emotions are running really high on this thread, and i appreciate the compassion that everyone shows. i appreciate that the moderator has let this stand. thank you. who knows, you never know if someone close to us on this board is somehow associated with a family that is impacted by this. so it really does bring us all together in sadness and grief.
just my two cents worth.
aaron

my tribute to the fallen and the survivors.... it's one of my favorite hymns.
enjoy guys..... (and there had better not be a dry eye from you guys!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLMzr3PFgk
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

I don't have a video, or a song, or a bible passage, or a famous quote from the fathers of confederation, peace activist, or any other world leader to contribute.

I don't have kids of my own, but have 7 nieces and nephews - one of which has 3 kids of his own - who I have watched pass through that age. Hell - WE were all that age once. As were our spouses, brothers, sisters, and parents.

Bottom line. There are a lot of bad people and mentally sick people in the world. The internet age has created an era where anyone who wants instant fame has a ready audience, by doing the right (or wrong) thing they can be assured that tens or hundreds of millions of people will know their name almost instantly! 15 minutes of fame?? Heck - news of their actions will live forever and be accessible by ANYONE who types the right keywords into Google! Who needs the history books when you have Google? Rest assured, unfortunately, this kind of atrocity will happen again, and will happen more often. The world is changing.

Fortunately, there are also a lot of GOOD people in the world. And the good guys far outnumber the bad guys. Lets hope the good guys win.

To anyone affected directly by what just happened, my heartfelt condolences. To anyone not directly affected but touched just the same... good for you. You just reaffirmed your position on the 'good people' list.
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

The wife and I can usually sit together and talk endlessly about the most shocking world events and about what can possibly be going through people's minds when they do certain things. This event like 911 is just beyond the two of us. We just sat there, listened and watched, and couldn't think of a single thing to say. We just don't get it. I mean, we know the world has changed, and people's actions have become more extreme, but this is just beyond all that somehow. I for one say that prayers are enough, they are the only thing left, they are the only thing that got me through this. I don't do it much, but it did help this time. The only thing left is to prey that the victims are in a better place, that the ones they left behind can make it through this somehow, and for the rest of us in hopes it never happens again.

What a loss, what lives that might have been.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
297Elegante
Sporadic User

Post by 297Elegante »

The latest update here is the Westboro Baptist Church (look them up) are staying in my wife's hometown with plans to pocket the funerals. They are a very anti gay group and due to CT having allowed gay marriage they are coming to more or less support the killing of these children. They preach it as gods work...

Times like this bring out the best in people (it's amazing how everyone has been coming together here on CT), but it also brings out the worst in some people.
Boat: Silverton 34C T/270s, Gen
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Unbelievable. The world is broken and we need to fix it. Maybe we need another flood; build a big boat, get the animals, just the good people, and start all over again.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

Big D wrote:Unbelievable. The world is broken and we need to fix it. Maybe we need another flood; build a big boat, get the animals, just the good people, and start all over again.
that was my torah portion for my bar mitzvah.... 27 oct 1973 temple sinai, washington, dc...... i even remember how many people were there. plain as day.... maybe all will be fixed on friday the 21st..... (you know, 12/21/12)........hmmmmmmm
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

297Elegante wrote:The latest update here is the Westboro Baptist Church (look them up) are staying in my wife's hometown with plans to pocket the funerals. They are a very anti gay group and due to CT having allowed gay marriage they are coming to more or less support the killing of these children. They preach it as gods work...

Times like this bring out the best in people (it's amazing how everyone has been coming together here on CT), but it also brings out the worst in some people.
good lord, that group really needs to just go away. i hope, that for the sake of the grieving, that a mass of people circle around these westboro nut cases and drown out their protest.
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
297Elegante
Sporadic User

Post by 297Elegante »

A large group prepped for them, but it appears they didn't show.

Hopefully the families were not aware of it and were able to grieve in as much peace as one can possibly grieve in.
Boat: Silverton 34C T/270s, Gen
MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

My thoughts and prayers are with all of those families. Sandy Hook is only 15 minutes from home. I'm devastated by it