Too close to home, Boat fire at CBYC

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

aaronbocknek wrote:
captainmaniac wrote:That really sucks. The boat would have been a Chris Craft Catalina, perhaps mid '80s. I think they shared a hull with Uniflyte.
indeed it is the uniflite 36 double cabin/chris craft 362 catalina.... the design was kept, maybe a few tweeks after chris craft bought out uniflite.

in uniflite form....
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... &imc=pg-fs

now in chris craft branding....
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1987/Ch ... ted-States

sad to see a boat destroyed that way. then again, any way. the 38 chris craft corinthian is fixable i take it? that was the boat next to the burned out one.
That's it, that was exactly the boat, but the interior was updated, classy and beautiful. It was a real pleasure to be on, luxurious and warm.

I doubt very much if the boat next to it will be restored, as the guy is also a liveaboard and 82 years old, he has let it go in dis-repair, hasn't been out of the water in I don't know how long.
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

what an absolute shame. i am really curious how the fire started. any clues yet?
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
rooferdave
Moderate User

Post by rooferdave »

aaronbocknek wrote:what an absolute shame. i am really curious how the fire started. any clues yet?
aaron
Yes Bob is a pal of mine, it is a Christmas miricle!!!!

his wife chums about with my wife, the thing is Bob works days and Rosemary works nights and they are rarely on the boat together. On Weds Rosemary was sleeping and Bob was watching tv when the lights flickered. Curious Bob went out to check the post they plug into for power, he unplugged the cord and when he looked back at his darkend boat he saw flickering behind the hull!

He ran back into the boat and grabbed a fire extinguiser and directed it at the flames between the walls and the hull, after two extinguisers were emptied he woke his wife an told her abandon ship, (he may have woke her before deploying)

the boat was fully engulfed within 10 mins and they did not even have time for keys or clothes.

I was onboard today trying to recover some possesions for them and it is quite sad. the boat was a 45 ft long forget the brand

in Torcans pics you can see my boat in the water behind the wreck

no time for clothes,
1976 Trojan 360 Flybridge needin a whole lotta luvin!
rooferdave
Moderate User

Post by rooferdave »

the miricle is on any other day one of them would have been asleep alone with trajic results
rooferdave
Moderate User

Post by rooferdave »

live pics of the fire