Cheap marina in Miami / FT. Lauderdale area?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

LLCD

Cheap marina in Miami / FT. Lauderdale area?

Post by LLCD »

Anyone know about an affordable marina/dock space in the Miami/FT. Lauderdale area? We have ours in a marina ball harbor that the contact ends this week. So now we are looking for another one for around the same price of $250/month or $9/ft.
LEO. C
1986 F27 EXPRESS
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

I rack store my 28 ft chris craft at thunderboat marine on the Dania cut off canal. The price is 10.50 per ft. It is really a first rate operation, you just give them a call and the launch your boat and put it in the marina for you. After you are done they wash it down, freshwater rise the engine, fuel it up, and put it back inside until next time. My F-32 is at marina mile yachting center for 10 per ft.
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
tsawyer
Sporadic User

Post by tsawyer »

Check Craigslist if you are looking for dockage behind a private home. There are posts about this all the time.

I park "free" behind my home. On a per foot basis, "free" is more like $100 per foot per month in mtg payment :D
Tom Sawyer
Rum Floater
1988 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Fort Lauderdale, Florida