cabin fever with PICTURES !!!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

trojanmanXS
Moderate User

cabin fever with PICTURES !!!

Post by trojanmanXS »

Ok its set in early this winter so I braved the cold and went into the boat. Have it shrunkwrapped here at the house and just got the galley cushions/galley table/ and caprail complete and installed. Then tried to upload to photobucket " because I know your a pics approved site" I was able to talk my buddy into added the trojan logo on the back galley cushion turned out pretty good. Will upload more tomorrow if these work.
http://s1276.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 1523524097
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Nice! What did you use on the wood?
trojanmanXS
Moderate User

Post by trojanmanXS »

thanks. the wood is new . its cherry hardwood with 2 shades of stain mixed , sodona red and red oak and then 4 coats of poly the last coat was wetsanded with automotive bodyshop sandpaper dont know the grit .
the floor is engineered hardwood / santos mahagony home depot sells it about $3 ft .
MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

Very nice!
Allen Sr
Active User

Post by Allen Sr »

Nice! Now for the next step...................ENJOY IT!!!!!
Growing old is inevitable,but growing up is optional
1984 F36 w/350 Crusaders 'Reel Class'
2011 Trojan Rendevous
Solomons Get Together 2011
Ocean City 2012,2013,2015
trojanmanXS
Moderate User

Post by trojanmanXS »

thanks again, but its still a ways out before she can get dunked. I still have some loose ends in the cabin and then have to start the engine room. It needs a cleaning and paintjob from 30+ yrs of collected filth. Still have an engine to rebuild and am trying like heck to squirrel enough away to get a swimplatform like pauls white gynormous one. shes still good to drink beer on even if it is in the backyard ..
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

your wood work looks Great !..
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
trojanmanXS
Moderate User

Post by trojanmanXS »

thanks again , I couldnt have done it without some good friends. Neighbors down the road abit "Ron & Ann" did all the woodwork and stainwork. They have have turned out at least 60 pc before it was all done. And my buddy that owns a canvas shop did some bartering with me for the cushions. I carpeted three boats in trade for the cushions. actually on lunch as I'm carpeting another boat today a 20ft open bow runabout. this barter is getting me a new canvas,isonglas to surround the flybridge.
been lucky had it not been for bartering I wouldnt be nearly as close.