vacum drying?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

f32ms

vacum drying?

Post by f32ms »

I have read some posts that mentioned using a vacuum to dry out cored decks. My question is: I have lots of little screw holes in my hardtop, what would be the best way to seal it to hold a vacuum?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
Albert Einstein
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: vacum drying?

Post by larryeddington »

I would try aluminum foil tape, as used in HVAC Business, strong and when pressed down with sqegee is seals. I have it temporary over the holes where my anchor storage parts were.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

f32ms wrote:I have read some posts that mentioned using a vacuum to dry out cored decks. My question is: I have lots of little screw holes in my hardtop, what would be the best way to seal it to hold a vacuum?
If you're talking about how to hold/seal clear plastic to the surface you're vacuuming, you can use puty around the perimeter or two sided tape. There was a thread on this that I posted a link to and showed this, I just can't remember where it is.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
f32ms

Post by f32ms »

2 sided tape sounds like the ticket.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
Albert Einstein