hey from AAron...it's been a while (new merger vid link)

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Re: hey from AAron.........it's been a while

Post by aaronbocknek »

willietrojan wrote:Aaron,

Hope things will get back to normal for you ASAP!!

I have been mostly working with getting the place ready for the FAL (Final Assembly Line) here in Mobile.

I am also happy to report that I may have found a 33 International over in Orange Beach . Will be giving it a good once over in the next couple of weeks, so i hope to back in the Trojan world soon!!
hey willie, great to see you!!! did they have to decontaminate the liner once she ported in? carnival has a major public relations snafu to clean up, and, from what i read, they have not really stepped up to the plate. now, about your maybe international.... you know we all want the details and some pics, so we are looking forward to it soon.

so our future airbus aircraft will be coming from your FAL? i just hope the 'new' livery is done over again. no one likes it except the bigwigs on the AA side. when all is said and done, i understand that we --- the new AA---will be the largest airbus operator in the world. is that true based on the numbers from our side and their orders? when you get the FAL up and running, you know i have to fly down for a tour. and i'll do it too, god willing i'm still around.

again, keep us posted on the upcoming inspection and maybe purchase.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Nancy
Moderate User

Post by Nancy »

Aaron, our shifter cover was pitted, too. Of course it's stainless steel rather than aluminum. John thinks he used 0000 steel wool on it along with 3M Cleaner Wax. It looks like new.
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

Nancy wrote:Aaron, our shifter cover was pitted, too. Of course it's stainless steel rather than aluminum. John thinks he used 0000 steel wool on it along with 3M Cleaner Wax. It looks like new.
mine are either stainless or chrome on bronze. a buddy of mine has an f-32 and actually used gojo fine grit hand cleaner on it and they buffed up pretty good. i'll have to give it a try. either way, i've got to get started on some of these projects to get my mind off how cruddy i feel. this recovery is taking way longer than i ever thought it would. i need to email you sometime. lots to say.
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

Can't watch the video, says that it is private, and don't want to sign up another app
any other place that it is viewable?
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

Torcan wrote:
Can't watch the video, says that it is private, and don't want to sign up another app
any other place that it is viewable?
try this. i don't know why it was moved to the employee only site, but i found it on youtube. try this link. let me know if it works for you. i've tried it on every browser i have and it works so far. i've also updated the title of the thread to include the new youtube video link.
AAron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHchizDKk28
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
georgepet

Re: hey from AAron...it's been a while (new merger vid link

Post by georgepet »

Hey Aaron....good to see your spirits up. I say that to you as when I came back from Kabul in 2007, I had some sort of weird lung infection - they think from bird poop (not that burning human poop which is the norm in parts of Afg might not have helped) but ended up down to 112lbs. No sooner had I kinda recovered from that, i too ended up with cancer (lymphoma) with chemo, no radiation. Anyways, the rule of thumb is multiply your months in treatment by three and that's when you get close to normal. I hear you about the fatigue.....it's debilitating, but it does go away, and in my case have been in full remission for close to four years now - and my previous op restrictions lifted around 2010. So there is an end with luck and God willing.

Anyways, on to better stuff, built a new pulpit, ripped out an old genny, refinished exterior teak, new house bank and driving down to the boat tomorrow for the next round of winter projects. Will send pictures after the weekend. The only thing left for now is the stove decision probably in summer, but still not certain about the propane yet - hemming and hawing on that. Waiting impatiently for one member here to get his four-bladed props and see what performance gains are realized.

Finally, for any that are interested in strategy have a peek at this. Even had Gen Petraeus helping me on this one.
http://cda-cdai.ca/cdai/images/Vimy_Pap ... 013_EN.pdf
George P
1978 Trojan F32 "Defiant"