Marine Transmission MG 507-A Help please!!!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Jerry
Moderate User

Re: Marine Transmission MG 507-A Help please!!!

Post by Jerry »

The blower kit that I had purchased and installed did come with gaskets that I used. I have also read about them being done with sealer and no gasket.
Are you able to take a picture of the oil leak and exact location?
shamsul hasan

Post by shamsul hasan »

Jerry wrote:The blower kit that I had purchased and installed did come with gaskets that I used. I have also read about them being done with sealer and no gasket.
Are you able to take a picture of the oil leak and exact location?
All Good!!! The new seals of both blowers were not seated properly. Had to change 4 oil seals each blower,removed the gasket from the end plate applied sealant. Ran both engines on fresh water(from the raw water intake) for one and a half hour. No leak at all. Will post some pics soon.
Shams
Trojan 12 Meter International
GW 300 2008 F350s
GW 282 2001 HPDIs 200
Jerry
Moderate User

Post by Jerry »

Thats great!
Be very careful about running those engines without being under a load for break in.
I was told by numerous DD techs to only run it long enough to set the governor and rack and then put it under a load for a few hours varying the rpm's.
They said that the rings will not fully seat when not under a load.
shamsul hasan

Post by shamsul hasan »

Jerry wrote:Thats great!
Be very careful about running those engines without being under a load for break in.
I was told by numerous DD techs to only run it long enough to set the governor and rack and then put it under a load for a few hours varying the rpm's.
They said that the rings will not fully seat when not under a load.
Thats absolutely correct. I did run them with the gear engaged.But thats not enough load. Had no choice, had to be sure for no leaks,before paying and letting the guys go back to Dubai.They had made such an error in assembling the blower that i panicked....
Shams
GW 300 2008 F350s
GW 282 2001 HPDIs 200
Jerry
Moderate User

Post by Jerry »

Sounds like everything turned out well. That would be a tough situation to be in.
How far are you from Dubai? My girlfriend just returned from there as she goes a couple of times a year for work.
I am following your posts with much interest on the other forum that you partake in. You are very ambitious.
I run an automotive parts warehouse and have a few hundred gallons of the CF-2 oil that you need sitting out back. I wish there was an easy way to get some to you.
shamsul hasan

Post by shamsul hasan »

Jerry wrote:Sounds like everything turned out well. That would be a tough situation to be in.
How far are you from Dubai? My girlfriend just returned from there as she goes a couple of times a year for work.
I am following your posts with much interest on the other forum that you partake in. You are very ambitious.
I run an automotive parts warehouse and have a few hundred gallons of the CF-2 oil that you need sitting out back. I wish there was an easy way to get some to you.
Jerry,
Hi!!! Am not too far from Dubai,its only an hour and fifty minutes by air. I travel there frequently. Getting oil from USA is not economically viable unless I import a container load.I get stuff from west marine (non-hazadrous) all the time but that is all in small quantities. Here is a picture of my re-manufactured 6-71TIs.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (92.61 KiB) Viewed 4369 times
Shams
GW 300 2008 F350s
GW 282 2001 HPDIs 200
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

mmmm. yummy. I love 671's
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
Jerry
Moderate User

Post by Jerry »

Engines look great!