TVs

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Nancy
Moderate User

Re: TVs

Post by Nancy »

We did use the fold-down table for the TV sometimes, but usually had it on a small plastic garden furniture type table (that John always hated, but I never wanted to spring for a nice table. Besides, I could stand on it when I needed a step stool, hose it down, etc. But I digress.)

Both the fold-down table and the V-berth cabinet were on the boat when we bought it. We left the table for exactly the reasons that you have, although the flapping leg always seemed like a design flaw, and we always lashed it snug. The cabinet was minimally useful because it was so awkward to access. Great spot for a TV.

We have no room on the Albin for a TV of any size, and would need an dual voltage unit because we don't have a generator. I googled "portable televisions" the other day, and came up with some 9" units. Not sure if one of those would be worth the expense. Input?
Commissionpoint
Active User

Re: TVs

Post by Commissionpoint »

Check out whats on Newegg.com or TigerDirect. They have some dual voltage LCD's for marine use. I kicked around the idea some, but with the combo of the inverter and the generator (which is lugging along like a champ lately) I chose a regular household unit that had good electrical consumption for its size. I can play Tiger Woods or Assassins Creed III on the Playstation for hours on the inverter with the 32 inch LCD and no worries about running down the house bank. The dual voltage marine units were expensive, and I figure I can buy another one of these 32's and still be dollars ahead if something happens to the one I have now. This one might be ok for you though, and its not too badly priced.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 1260CF7473

I'm looking into KVH Tracvision so I can watch the Bills and Yankees this fall in HD on/from the Islands. Yeh, I know. Life is tough on Lake George. Now if I could just get Jesus to stop through and turn some of this water into wine for me. :mrgreen: :wink:
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.