New here......

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Trojan Man

New here......

Post by Trojan Man »

new to this forum and new to Trojan boats .......I purchased a 1987 Trojan 8.6 Meter back in mid March, had it transported from Table Rock Lake in Branson, MO to Grand Lake in Grove, OK. I have taken her out about 6 times since the purchase. Everything about the boat is EXCELLENT other than the range does not work and the fridge will not defrost (freezes everything) but the twin merc. 350's and alpha one O/D's were completely gone through last season and rebuilt and the interior completely updated so she looks and runs beautifully. Was just curious about any info on this model any of you may have for future reference, thanks for any input the experts on this forum may have.
Attachments
image(17).jpeg
image(17).jpeg (120.69 KiB) Viewed 8763 times
image(15).jpeg
image(15).jpeg (130.33 KiB) Viewed 8763 times
image(22).jpeg
image(22).jpeg (115.57 KiB) Viewed 8763 times
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: New here......

Post by prowlersfish »

Welcome to the forum . Nice boat .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Welcome to the Forum.

The Internationals under 10 meter are rare.

Could you please share lots of photos with the Forum, including driveline, engine room, shafts, struts and swim platform?

Your performance figures would also be appreciated.

Otherwise, we are here to help.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Welcome aboard!

Nice looking boat.
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
todd brinkerhoff
Moderate User

Post by todd brinkerhoff »

Wow...that's a good looking boat. I don't know if I've actually seen an 8.6 in person. Hmmm...might need to find one. I'm surprised Trojan went with I/O's though.
1991 Trojan International 10.8 Meter Express hull# 003 - 454 Crusaders
1961 Century Raven 22 - Gray Marine 327

http://s1086.photobucket.com/home/Todd_ ... hoff/index
Trojan Man

Post by Trojan Man »

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/Opnine99/slideshow/
these are all the pics I have of her right now.... I will take some better, more detailed pics this weekend when I go back to the marina. First time I took her out (fresh water tank empty, waste tank empty, 3 adults on board, and about 1/4 fuel in each tank.) WOT ran 38 @4800 RPM. if memory serves correctly. then got her transported to other marina. filled the fresh water tank, and about 1/2 fuel in each tank with 6 adults ran 32 WOT @4800 RPM. going to be a while before I can get pics of anything below the swim platform since it stays in a wet slip but I will be pulling her up to put some zinc inserts on pretty soon. I've come to realize that these are pretty rare because any info I try to find on them comes up empty other than a few for sale here and there. http://www.powerboatguide.com/Free_Acce ... -Cabin.pdf
that is about all info I could find on this model so far.
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

Very nice boat. I like the lay-out. Dont see too many of them. I would imagine alot of your systems are at least similar to other trojans. If you ever have a problem or question I would still come here to look for answers. The amount of knowledge and help on this site is amazing!
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
1992 Scout 15.5 Center Console
jhalb
Moderate User

Post by jhalb »

I like the overhead pictures. Nice boat.
John
"PELICAN"
1983 10 Meter Express
Diverted Income
Moderate User

Post by Diverted Income »

Nice looking boat! Congrats!
1982 Trojan F-32 w/Merc 230's
1975 Baja V-1800J w/ 502 Ford
http://missriverrat.com
https://www.facebook.com/UMRMriverrat
todd brinkerhoff
Moderate User

Post by todd brinkerhoff »

Can I assume this boat has the delta conic hull?
1991 Trojan International 10.8 Meter Express hull# 003 - 454 Crusaders
1961 Century Raven 22 - Gray Marine 327

http://s1086.photobucket.com/home/Todd_ ... hoff/index
Trojan Man

Post by Trojan Man »

thank you guys for the kind words, I'm very proud of her. As far as the hull I'm not 100% but from all research I've done I will assume the same. I've only had her out of the water one time and didn't really pay attention I just assumed modified-V and didn't give it another thought, next time out I will try to verify that information.
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

Welcome - Ahoy

Boat looks GREAT!!

I have never seen that model before.
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
Lawman
Moderate User

Post by Lawman »

Trojan man, beautiful boat, nice pics. If you would like to get that eisenglass back to new, I recommend Maquires Plastx and a buffer, I did mine and then used 303 Protectant to keep the UV rays off and it came back almost brand new.
1973 F30 Clean Machine
' Goomar '
(Italian for 'my mistress')

"It's only an island if you look at it from the water" -- Chief Brody
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

first off, welcome aboard and welcome to the forum. a great resource to be sure. mazel tov on your purchase. what a great looking vessel you have. i've done some looking around and found one of her sisters that sold here in baltimore.

http://www.boatshop24.com/en/advert/mot ... bin/202657

your boat, like the one above, has the unique delta conic hull design. i'm sure you have already found out how great a ride this hull produces. a rare boat indeed, treat her like a lady and she will always bring you home. the overhead pics are great.... how were those taken? just curious. the range and fridge problems are quite fixable, the fact that all the mechanicals work well, that's half the battle.

again, welcome aboard.
AAron in baltimore, md
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Trojan Man

Post by Trojan Man »

aaronbocknek wrote:first off, welcome aboard and welcome to the forum. a great resource to be sure. mazel tov on your purchase. what a great looking vessel you have. i've done some looking around and found one of her sisters that sold here in baltimore.

http://www.boatshop24.com/en/advert/mot ... bin/202657

your boat, like the one above, has the unique delta conic hull design. i'm sure you have already found out how great a ride this hull produces. a rare boat indeed, treat her like a lady and she will always bring you home. the overhead pics are great.... how were those taken? just curious. the range and fridge problems are quite fixable, the fact that all the mechanicals work well, that's half the battle.

again, welcome aboard.
AAron in baltimore, md

Thank you for the warm welcome, yes the boat rides like a dream and all mechanicals are in perfect working order and she also looks wonderful. I'm very happy that the fridge and the range are the only problems and should be easily remedied. I had a friend stand up on the bow and snap them from above, he is quite tall so got a pretty good angle. I saw that boat for sale right after I purchased mine just doing research. I have found a few here and there for sale but not a whole lot of info other than the basics.