10 meter dc wiring diagram

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

srokag44
Sporadic User

10 meter dc wiring diagram

Post by srokag44 »

Does anyone have a 10 meter DC panel wiring diagram? I found wires 26, 27, and 28 are disconnected and I am wondering what they are. I dug through the stack of documentation that the PO left me and found the main wiring diagram and the AC panel diagram but nothing on the DC panel. Thanks!
1985 Trojan 10 Meter International Sedan
jhalb
Moderate User

Re: 10 meter dc wiring diagram

Post by jhalb »

I have the diagram in a pdf format. Give me your email address and I will send them to you.

John
John
"PELICAN"
1983 10 Meter Express
srokag44
Sporadic User

Post by srokag44 »

Sent you a PM. I assume the 10 meter wiring diagrams are pretty similar for the different models?
jhalb
Moderate User

Post by jhalb »

sent, I hope it helps.
John
"PELICAN"
1983 10 Meter Express
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

26, 27 and 28 are for the wipers on my 1987 10 meter mid cabin. not sure if thats a standard or not.
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
1992 Scout 15.5 Center Console
srokag44
Sporadic User

Post by srokag44 »

Yes my lower station was removed by a PO and I assume at the same time the wipers were removed and wires disconnected from the DC breaker panel.
Late Start

Post by Late Start »

Good Day Ladies & Gents,

1987 Trojan Intl 10M Sedan, w/single Upper Station...12 Volt wiring diagram assistance needed.

Briefly, I cannot pin-point a 'hot' location which to attach my "accessories" ( VHF, Chart, FM, etc). The
PO had ripped out everything imaginable in a (presumed) effort to get the above mentioned devices
to work. What a mess1

In the upper station access space, to the Starboard side of the Console, I have located the original
factory terminal strips serving the DC feeds from below...and the wire numbers are visible.
All engine instruments and Nav lights are working properly, BUT an after=market terminal strip
which was installed to supply 12VDC to the above mentioned components is 'cold'. its Negative IP is
connected to Wire # 49 (8 Ga White) on the aforementioned factory terminal strip, and the Positive
is connected to # xx, Black, RESULTING in no voltage.

AND, I can't locate a Positive Feed to match the #49 Negative buss. I had assumed that the Master
Breaker Panel, below, would 'energize' the Upper Station by means of either the 2nd or 3rd Breakers,
Row 3, marked ACCESSORY...but no go. BTW the wires from these two breakers are: 2nd Breaker...not
numbered; 3rd Breaker #30.

I had also assumed that Breaker # 30, below, would energize the "Accessory' Switch on the Upper
Console's dashboard...which in turn would be (might have been) connected to the after-market Terminal
strip serving the Radios, etc. Nope1

Apologies for the long winded screed above. As you can see, I appear to be flummoxed. Perhaps a factory
wiring diagram would help me to locate a 'hot' 12VDC buss to use? All those components presumably
worked in the past. Many Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Regards,

Late Start
(wesruggles@earthlink.net)