11M Interior Overhaul

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BlueBelle

11M Interior Overhaul

Post by BlueBelle »

We are nearing completion on a complete update to the interior of Blue Belle. I'll show some before pics, a lot of progress pics and some completion pics...soon. We hope to complete most of the work within the next few weeks.

Before Pics. Didn't bother me, but I only got to vote once (republican). 8)
1986 Trojan 11M w/ twin JT671TI
BlueBelle

Re: 11M Interior Overhaul

Post by BlueBelle »

The refrigerator was on its last leg (slightly louder than the diesel generator). The foam backed vinyl on the walls was terrible, the galley was very outdated. The dinette fabric/foam was crunchy sunbrella, etc.
We ended up ripping just about everything out. Scraping the foam off the walls was a royal pain. The ice maker in the wet bar didn't work and we really didn't want to replace it. The aft a/c died last summer...a split system with the air handler above the overhead (in the flybridge console) - another expensive replacement. I decided to discard the ice maker and place a self contained a/c unit in it's spot. During the rip out we had all counters replaced with corian.

Once the a/c was installed I refinished made a cover for the front of the cabinet and refaced the entire starboard salon in teak.

BlueBelle

Post by BlueBelle »

We sanded, cleaned, etched and painted the interior window frames as well. We also tinted the windows, made corner panels and redid the side bolsters, but haven't installed them yet.

On the port side I ripped out the lower panel because it had some water damage. Oh, I also rebedded the entire bow rail to prevent additional water intrusion. Also sealed window frames and replaced all window channel. I made the panel out of marine plywood and sealed it with resin. I then applied 10 mil teak veneer.

We also recovered the bolsters, applied vinyl to the chart table, installed new wall lights and made new upper access panels.

BlueBelle

Post by BlueBelle »

I'll post more later showing progress on the galley, dinette, head, and stateroom if anyone is interested.
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

Very nice work, looks as if you are quite the craftsman. Nice Job !
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Thank you for sharing your wonderful results and,

YES I am interested in more ! ! ! !! ! !

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

Also Very interested!
I see you did away with the wood edge on the countertop. is that corian? looks great! Where did you find your vinyl wall covering at? ive been having a problem finding any kind of selection of material that would be suitable on a boat. I love the teak veneer! you did an awesome job! How do you think that 10 mil veneer would look over 1/4 plywood? I have an area id like to try but I need to go thin.
I agree with you that everything looked good before but wow is it going look great if you keep up this kind of work! please keep posting pics!
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
1992 Scout 15.5 Center Console
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Inspiring. Keep up the good work.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!