11M Interior Overhaul - Stateroom

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BlueBelle

11M Interior Overhaul - Stateroom

Post by BlueBelle »

The stateroom was in sad shape when we bought BlueBelle. The PO didn't use the stateroom...so it became a neglected storeroom. We ripped everything out and started over. The project is not complete, but I'll share where we are. Remaining work includes completion of dresser drawer faces, and doors. Other than that, we are really pleased with the results. All vinyl and headliners were installed in the past two weeks. I installed carpeting last week, along with teak valence boards and lighting. Curtains were installed a few days ago.

The process started by ripping out all wall coverings...followed by bow rail rebedding and portlight replacement. I also rebedded the anchor windlass and all topside fittings in the process. There is no sense in installing new headliner until the watertight issues are resolved. Almost forgot - I also replaced the overhead hatch with a slightly smaller hatch, requiring fiberglass work, new awlgrip and non-skid topside...set me back a month. Next, we scraped and scraped and scraped foam and glue residue off the walls, and sanded endlessly. We ripped down the old headliner and removed just under a million staples. I primed the overhead with 2 coats of Kilz and then I roughed-in an entire new light circuit so we would have recessed LEDs overhead. This included fabrication of low-profile 'boxes' for the new LEDs. The combined electrical load for all of the lights is 22W, and we have a bright stateroom. I also relocated the a/c duct for better air flow. We installed all vinyl and hired out the headliner install. Following headliner installation I installed the overhead lights and the overhead hatch shade. I cant wait to finish the doors and complete the project. Overall, the stateroom looks new. We had a new mattress made with 4 inches of foam topped with 2 inches of memory foam.

Here are few progress pics:

1986 Trojan 11M w/ twin JT671TI
297Elegante
Sporadic User

Re: 11M Interior Overhaul - Stateroom

Post by 297Elegante »

Very classy! She's gonna be a new boat when your done. Keep up the photos!
Boat: Silverton 34C T/270s, Gen
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

great makes me want to go to work on "The Phoenix" :)
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

WOW!!! amazing work! looks like any 'new' sea ray or regal forward stateroom. i love the LED lighting system. who did the head liner and what material did you use for the hull sides? and you used just your basic kilz to paint the 'exposed' fiberglass? i did not know you could use something like that. i thought you had to use the expensive bilge coat paint. i'd love to do that on various places on ENTERPRISE. i need ideas.
thanks.
AAron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Nice rehab.

Thanks for sharing your ideas and tremendous RESULTS.

The photos are appreciated.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
Bimmerbill

Post by Bimmerbill »

Very nice work!
1984 Trojan 10 Meter International Express Cruiser
"The Help Desk"
Portsmouth NH/Kittery ME
gardnersf
Moderate User

Post by gardnersf »

Excellent work. I love the lighting. Did you put a tinted glass door to the anchor locker?
BlueBelle

Post by BlueBelle »

Thanks for the comments. This was a lot of work. The material on the hull is foam backed vinyl....interior portions are fabric backed vinyl wall covering. Headliner installed by Kustom Kovers of Daytona Beach. Lights installed by me. The anchor locker door has not been installed yet. I've still got closet doors to install as well...and dresser drawers.
1986 Trojan 11M w/ twin JT671TI