aft air conditioning for 11 meter

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Destiny

aft air conditioning for 11 meter

Post by Destiny »

Good morning all!
I know this is a stupid question, but we keep forgetting to bring all of our paperwork, including the owner's manual, back to the boat. As of last week, our forward air conditioner is working fine after my husband fixed a crazy wiring job done by a previous owner. This weekend, however, I got to the boat and found the aft ac compressor isn't kicking in. Now, for the stupid question -- could someone please tell us where the aft unit is? My hubby thinks it's up in the helm somewhere, but who knows? I'd love to be able to have the answer for him before he gets down here later today. We love our Destiny, but she needs to realize that surprises are much better when they are of the happy kind...like nothing's broken this week! Oh well, it still beats sitting at home. Thank you for any guidance. :)
Beth & Henry's
1985 11 Meter
Destiny
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: aft air conditioning for 11 meter

Post by prowlersfish »

I am thinking both units are next to each other .( could be wrong ) Did you check the breakers and make sure you have power on both 30 amp circuits ?

Anyone know for sure ??
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
BlueBelle

Re: aft air conditioning for 11 meter

Post by BlueBelle »

The compressor is under the cockpit on the starboard side. The air handler is under the Flybridge console. In the salon you should see three air vents in the overhead...all lined up. The middle vent is the return vent, while the two outboard vents are the supply vents. The air handler is directly above those vents. Your problem is more than likely with the compressor down below.
1986 Trojan 11M w/ twin JT671TI