Need a Litte Personal Advice - Move a 1990 F32?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

summer storm
Moderate User

Re: Need a Litte Personal Advice - Move a 1990 F32?

Post by summer storm »

prowlersfish wrote: hopefully its just the seal but the can could be rusted .
Right again Paul :D

Most mechanics here in Florida would have replaced the all the fuel lines and the housing before looking at the seals.
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
bigralph

Post by bigralph »

So - quick update on my personal life to a bunch of strangers :)
I am in fact planning a move to Memphis, TN and Invictus will ride the Asphalt Seas of I64 to I40 to the mighty Mississippi. The company hiring me is being awesome in the most conservative words I can use about moving my boat. They are paying for the short haul, the contingency for the tractor trailer getting stuck in the mud and they're even ponying up some cash for moving my personal effects in a separate move. There's no cash coming directly to me, I love this boat, I love the way she looks in the water and I know at least some of her problems. Plus, the idea of leaving her in a slip for maybe a year, paying someone else to drive her out periodically, slip fees and everythign else was driving me bonkers. So, she's coming with me.

I plan to use Brother's Marine Transport out of Nashville. Eugene has been friendly and timely so far on everything to set this up. They will make a decision on moving day about disassembling fly bridge and they will do that if it needs to be done.

I'll leave this thread and post about my move as it happens. Expect this to happen the week of my 40th birthday, pick-up 10/18, I hope.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Removing the bridge Is not a quick job , waiting to moving day could be a problem . The helm/console will take time . But I asume they know what there doing .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

bigralph wrote:
I plan to use Brother's Marine Transport out of Nashville. Eugene has been friendly and timely so far on everything to set this up. They will make a decision on moving day about disassembling fly bridge and they will do that if it needs to be done.
There is no question that the bridge will have to come off. I would say at least 5 hours to remove it correctly, label the wires, and building a cradle to hold the flybridge up on the bow.
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
bigralph

Post by bigralph »

summer storm wrote:
bigralph wrote:
There is no question that the bridge will have to come off. I would say at least 5 hours to remove it correctly, label the wires, and building a cradle to hold the flybridge up on the bow.
These guys have been recommend by a few people, including the marina that I will call home in Memphis. They've allocated 4 days for the move part and they've given me a worst case cost, to include disassembly and reassembly of the FB. The great thing about my future employer is that they told their Relocation company to handle everything for me and they've already allocated money for the worst case. I will definitely post some pics and status through the move.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Sounds good .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

sound like a good start to a career move

you probably already know this, but get your digital camera and a lamp or light, remove the sliding panels and take pictures of every electrical connection, the terminal strips, backs of gauges, steering hoses or chain mechanism, gear shifts and throttle connections, everything, then down load them to your computer and look at them carefully to make sure you got everything ,before they remove the bridge, then when you or a boat yard goes to reassemble , you'll have a reference when a wire or something is incorrectly labeled, the label falls off or is missed during disassemble.

good luck, I know on my F-32, Trojan did a nice job with a color coded wiring harness and neat and orderly wiring terminal strips under the helm and I also found that the original wiring diagram was accurate to the boat. I have a digital copy of the manual if you need it.
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
62jpod

Post by 62jpod »

So what happened? Did you get the job? I would move the boat by the way ... you'll kill all next season looking for another one. What is that worth ... keep shopping for a hauler who needs the work I say. That fuel problem should be an easy fix. Good luck!
62jpod
'88 F32 - Single Station - 350 CI Crusaders
O'ASIS