engine room ICK

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

trojanmanXSagain

engine room ICK

Post by trojanmanXSagain »

well I think Ive done it . I have 2-3 guys coming over today to crawl in there with me and be bilge rats for the day to prep it for paint. "kidding I'm not going in there!" Will get some video of this epic event before/during/after and see where we end up. hopefully they don't quit once they see todays project as they are friends/family that said they would come over to the house and work today I couldn't tell them what the work was otherwise they would never show or ans their cells phones for weeks! Will report back tonight with hopefully some un shaky video :D
trojanmanXSagain

Re: engine room ICK

ok its done. It ended up starting at 9:30 and finished with cleaning up around 3. Two young guys scrubbed the sh*t outa inside . they started on the celing and worked their way down the walls and finished on the floor. Although the video shows a lot of black still in there its 100% improvement from what was in there . There was over 30yrs of filth in there that I'm positive never saw soap and water its whole life. They scrubbed it down with three different types of cleaners. I was able to get in there and strip out all the plumbing that existed as I will have no need for the shower /water heater/ washdown ect. Plans are to now remove/repair /replace the rudder and repack the strut and slowly move into the prop shaft and water cooling intake. Were coming into the cooler weather so not sure if it will get painted as I still have work to do in there and would rather get the work done and paint last. So after spending $210.00 for labor and cleaning supplies my engine room smells nice and clean .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP_XZWli ... e=youtu.be
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

Ha, those guys didn't look to happy. You better take them out for a day on the water when you are done.
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
trojanmanXSagain

LMAO... yeah I offered free rides in exchange for the work but they declined. You noticed the choice words I got when I went near the boat to tape the video huh " p*ss off!!"
that's my pride and joy there expressing his pleasure in helping dear old dad. I had to stop rolling at the end of one of those clips as I feared more drastic words were about to be spewed. They were paid $80 a piece for working at 9am to 2pm so I don't feel badly. The dirty water buckets were removed /cleaned and redfilled by myself and a bussy to avoid them from having to leave the bilge/engine compartment. AND the wife brought them drinks and lunch ! The video really doesn't do it justice as it was black as coal throughout the whole area.
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

That's what youngins are for, I got mine to do the stuffing boxes on my twin v-drive f28, no piece of cake I can assure you. Regular mechanics don't want to do em. :lol:
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink