F32- creak or flex during roll

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rjn270

F32- creak or flex during roll

Post by rjn270 »

Good Morning
I am a new member.
I have a 1988 F32 flybridge in excellent shape.
Noticed a creaking or flexing where the exterior door/window frames meet this summer when the boat is rolling.
I spoke with Bob and he has not heard of this problem before.
Has anyone else experienced this issue??
Any suggestions or comments on how to resolve this issue.
My marina suggest installing bolts thru the window frame/wood sandwiching it all together. There is already a number of 1/2 inch long wood screws running vertically from the factory set from the outside of the boat under the panel at the rear of the window frame.
area in question
area in question
2013-05-03 15.16.02.jpg (241.28 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
summer storm
Moderate User

Re: F32- creak or flex during roll

Post by summer storm »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I have a support, or knee, that is at the top of the sliding door near the side windows. It is kind of a long triangle made of aluminum and looks like it ties everything together. It's hard to tell from your photo but it looks like you have one too, but is not secured at the bottom. Is it loose?
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
rjn270

Re: F32- creak or flex during roll

Post by rjn270 »

Hello Doug
yes it appears to be welded to the frame of the door/window at the top and bottom
this will vibrate and flex when the boat is rolling
my boat guy thinks the caulking has failed with age that is between the different materials making up this corner.
Bob at Beacon seem to think the same thing.