Natchamps boat

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Natchamps boat

Post by prowlersfish »

Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
todd brinkerhoff
Moderate User

Re: Natchamps boat

Post by todd brinkerhoff »

I cannot believe that boat hasn't been sold yet. If you take that boat with all the modifications Natchamp did and add two diesels, you'd have an incredible boat for an incredible price. Will someone from here please buy it!
1991 Trojan International 10.8 Meter Express hull# 003 - 454 Crusaders
1961 Century Raven 22 - Gray Marine 327

http://s1086.photobucket.com/home/Todd_ ... hoff/index
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

That's why you don't sell a boat on eBay or Craigslist ... If you only want pennies on the dollar, sell it to the pennies on a dollar eBay morons who look at boats, cars, coca-cola memorabilia, dinky toys, Hot Wheels cars -- and consider them all equal!!!!! Sell your boat to anyone with an internet connection and a web browser and has no clue, and you will get diddly squat (and they will probably kill themselves or someone else once they take possession since they know nothing about boats but got it cheap!); OR sell your boat to BOATERS, who have a sense of what a BOAT really is (it's not a car, it's not a camper, and it's not a 12' aluminum fishing boat with a 9.9), what it is worth, and how to handle it responsibly. It might take few weeks or months (or more than a year), but you will get a crap load more money and the buyer is more likely to be someone who won't sink it or hurt someone any time soon.

If you want to get true value out of a real boat, sell it where BOATS are sold. If you are desperate enough to part with something like this for a ridiculously low amount of money - give the boat to charity and at least do somebody some good.
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

Wonder what his reserve amount is as it has not been reached yet.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Folks, the problem here is simple.......

AGE.

These boats are now in their thirties !

It's been 20 years since the last Lancaster produced Trojan.

There has been zero brand advertising for decades.

there is a high supply of old boats requiring in water dockage and only so many buyers.

high fuel prices and the status of our economy also play a significant factor.

Add to that the "Orphaned Brand" stigma.

The results for a seller are bad, for a buyer, well we're a tremendous bargain to the knowledgeable.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
kenflyer

Post by kenflyer »

GORGEOUS!!
todd brinkerhoff
Moderate User

Post by todd brinkerhoff »

He did an incredible amount of work, all of which was very creative and done well. He restored cars, so he is probably disappointed this boat won't bring any money. You have to seriously think about this when restoring a Trojan boat vs a bigger name like Bertram, Viking, etc. Although you have a quality boat, you will NEVER get ANY return on your investment.

If you are going to buy a Trojan, buy wisely, and prepare to keep it for a very long time. There is a Trojan 10.8 Meter Express in Michigan thats been for sale for about 3 years. I've thought about buying a Convertible or Motoryacht style, but I'm afraid my boat will never sell. That's ok though. She's a beautiful and seaworthy machine.
1991 Trojan International 10.8 Meter Express hull# 003 - 454 Crusaders
1961 Century Raven 22 - Gray Marine 327

http://s1086.photobucket.com/home/Todd_ ... hoff/index
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Even the names like Viking and Bert are not bring the big bucks and end up for sale for a long time .

I could pull the engines out of mine and get as much for them as the boat , and sell them faster .

Seems like the price of everything is going up except used boats . I assume its because no one has any money left .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
The Dog House
Active User

Post by The Dog House »

Trailerable boats are still selling. It's the large boats that don't sell. There are several reasons for this.

1. Smaller boats use less gas = cost less to run
2. Smaller boats don't cost anything to store in your backyard/garage
3. Smaller boats are easier to sell since they can be moved easily on a trailer.

The problem with the large boats is they cost a lot of money even if they are not used. A person can't park an F32 in their backyard if they come on hard times. They still have to pay storage fees, insurance, etc. Add to that the cost of gas at 25 gph and the large boats become much less desirable. I have an F26 and wouldn't trade it even up for an F32 or F36. I love the larger boats, but I could not afford to run one. I can afford 11 gph for my F26, but even that can be a stretch at times. I could never afford to go anywhere if I had a twin engine boat. If I can't afford to drive the boat, I don't want it. My wife likes the boat for the cabin, but I like it for the helm. :mrgreen: It's all about the driving for me.
1993 Sea Ray 200 Overnighter OB with 1993 Mercury 150 hp Outboard
1979 Starcraft 14' Rowboat with 2011 Mercury 9.9 hp Outboard
Former boat: 1971 Trojan F26
koviak
Moderate User

Post by koviak »

All good points but don't assume a huge loss on resale. Case in point I sold my 1989 10 meter mid-cabin in July (due to operating costs ie gas)
Listed with a broker on a sat. morning (pics and listing info.) Posted on there site Sunday at 9:00 am,received a call at 10:30 am that they were showing the boat to a couple. Received a call at 1:00 pm that they had a contract and a check for full amount. Only took 3 hours to sell (shocked ) and I was priced in the mid 30's. Couple had looked at several other newer boats but were sold on the amount of room and condition of mine. That said be patient and price them right there are buyers out there.
Dennis
1989 10 Meter Mid-Cabin