Cheap F32 in Conneticut

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

62jpod

Re: Cheap F32 in Conneticut

Post by 62jpod »

I looked at this boat in the summer. Its at the "Between Bridges Marina" in CT. The owner was asking $7950 at that time. The engine compartment was full of oil from the leaking 318. Also, it was taking on water somewhere. It is a bit more worn on the interior than the pictures show. Motors started up but I was not offered a ride for some reason. The helm and bow show typical age as well. Usual soft spot by the anchor. He raised the price for some reason right after he showed it to me ... guess that did not work out for him. He has already purchased a '37 Maxum for I bet $80k. I'd offer him $2k and he will probably give you a kiss. Be prepared to haul it over land and do some work. Could be nice with a couple of new motors and some TLC. Not sure on trannys since we did not ride.
62jpod
'88 F32 - Single Station - 350 CI Crusaders
O'ASIS
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

K4282 wrote:i moved up from a Silverton 26C and had my eye out for a 34C or F32, i ended up with a 1973 F32 for all said and done costed me about one hundred to acquire (i traded another free boat for it) and about $5,000 I have a pretty sharp F32, $1,000 or so was spent here with Bob on the alluminum side louvers, stupid parts can add up fast and their $225 a piece, $2,100 in a custom oversized swim platform, the old one was broken and too small and close to $1000 in underwater LED lighting, all cosmetics but I dont care, looks great now.I also had to do a motor swap but it came with a good used FWC motor
Maybe that helps make my point. You will only pay $100 for the boat.... but put $5,000 into cosmetic crap??? You will put 50x what you payed for the boat, into bling??? The BOAT is what will save or cost you your life, not underwater lights (unless they were installed wrong and end up sinking the boat), swim platform size, appearance of side louvers, and other crap. Recognize what is IMPORTANT..... or is that too much to ask?\
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

My motors run like a top, everything is perfectly functional (minus upper helm fuel gauge but lower works), all saftey equipmemt, why not brighten up the boat and make it more enjoyable?
Lawman
Moderate User

Post by Lawman »

K4282 wrote:My friend has been in contact, its 1980 rwc 318's
Raw water cooled 318's, sounds like head work and alot of $$ to me????? but the price is right. K4282, very nice f32 sounds like you scored with that one? I come right out of Mount Hope Bay, mybe hook up next Summer??
1973 F30 Clean Machine
' Goomar '
(Italian for 'my mistress')

"It's only an island if you look at it from the water" -- Chief Brody
Away On Busine$$
Moderate User

Post by Away On Busine$$ »

Did someone actually buy this one? Hope everything works out.
Season is short, we make the best of it.
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

Lawman wrote:
K4282 wrote:My friend has been in contact, its 1980 rwc 318's
Raw water cooled 318's, sounds like head work and alot of $$ to me????? but the price is right. K4282, very nice f32 sounds like you scored with that one? I come right out of Mount Hope Bay, mybe hook up next Summer??

I have one raw and one fresh water cooled. My boat was originally RWC. I like the raw, less stuff to go wrong, simplicity is great, obviously a FWC is better for the block and manifolds/risors, the new motor i installed was a take out of a lobster boat in Newport and came plug and play FWC and I left it as is. My F32 has come along way with some elbow grease and bright work, unfortunatly it was a open model boat someone enclosed and could use some repair work on the aftermarket slider and enclosure area, other than that their really isnt any soft spots and everything else is fully functional and in good shape. Plan is to use her another season or two and move up slightly, leaning towards Ocean Yacht 38, a little bigger, twin diesels and and still managable alone...well I dont know, that may be too big but i like the seperate state rooms without the tri cabin/aft cabin look, Im looking for a bigger bridge and cockpit area, maybe look more into the F36 Trojan ... thats the plan anyway, who knows what life will bring, Im only 31
Lawman I travel up Mt Hope Bay often visiting The Tipsy Seagull, Im constantly in Potters Cove, I think I may have seen your boat in there before near what the locals call "Low Tide Island" I also visit EP Yacht Club (where my avatar picture is), used to do Hot Club/Providence but not anymore, the marina manager is a nut, although I heard hes been arrested so thats good, I also travel to Block Island and am hoping to do the Cape again, its been awhile since Ive done that one.
Lawman
Moderate User

Post by Lawman »

If that was originally an open cockpit design I think you have a rare F32 Express Flybridge ?? At the Tipsy often but never Potters Cove, I'll look for ya !
1973 F30 Clean Machine
' Goomar '

summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

Lawman wrote:If that was originally an open cockpit design I think you have a rare F32 Express Flybridge ?? At the Tipsy often but never Potters Cove, I'll look for ya !

It's a very rare F32 sportfisherman.
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

Sure is the 322 Sporfisherman, I wish it was a 321 but beggers can't be choosers, I don't do Tipsy often on the Trojan, its kind of a long haul to maybe not find a slip, I usually take something faster and more fuel efficient but love the live entertainment and drinks!
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

We were in St Croix for Christmas / New Years last year and saw this Trojan moored in Christiansted, didnt know they were "Rare"

1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

gettaway wrote:We were in St Croix for Christmas / New Years last year and saw this Trojan moored in Christiansted, didnt know they were "Rare"
Scott, that's the "320" F32 express. A little more common than the Sportfisherman, but they look almost the same :) :)
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

did not know that either, the boat in the photo was open to the cockpit, it was in pretty bad shape.
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

Looks similar to mine, what's the difference? I don't have that third window on the starboard side...
Lawman
Moderate User

Post by Lawman »

Your Flybridge looks alot bigger.
1973 F30 Clean Machine
' Goomar '

297Elegante
Sporadic User

Post by 297Elegante »

I may be showing my Trojan ignorance but that 3rd porthole doesn't look factory.
Boat: Silverton 34C T/270s, Gen