Window seal

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

abkeywest

Window seal

Post by abkeywest »

I hope asking a Carver question is ok. I have this rubber window seal/trim around the windows in my rear entrance door. It is a quarter round profile with a barbed tail that is inserted in a groove in the door. It is about a 1/4"-3/8" quarter round. I have been looking on line and have not come across anything similar, that maybe due to not knowing what it is called. I did talk to carver but they do not have any info that goes back that far. Would anyone know what it is called or where I could purchase it? The picture is not to good but may give you an idea of scale and profile.
Attachments
profile.jpg
profile.jpg (76.27 KiB) Viewed 3984 times
1983 33' Carver Mariner
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Window seal

Post by captainmaniac »

That actually looks similar to what I think is around the salon doors on the Trojans. I have never pried it out, but on my F32 I have the same quarter round seal visible where the door and glass meet, and there is some kind of tabbed way it is held in... You could try Beacon as a first stop. You might also want to look through these results for anything that seems to have the right profile http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/aluminu ... -seal.html
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

Hard to tell the exact profile from the picture. Take a look at mcmaster carr. Go to "sealing" then gaskets then rubber bulbs. I found replacements for my port lites here. Good luck
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
1992 Scout 15.5 Center Console
abkeywest

Post by abkeywest »

Thanks everone for the info. I know it is not too clear but the quarter round is a soild profile, not hollow. Cantianmaniac, how do I get in touch with Beacon? Yorklyn, I checked MC and only could find hollow profiles. This picture is a cross section showing how the glass is mounted. The seal is pushed into the groove in the door and is in one piece around the whole window. The corners of the door and glass have a radii to allow the rubber seal to go around the glass in one piece. Any other suggestions are welcomed!!
Attachments
Seal.jpg
Seal.jpg (17.83 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
1983 33' Carver Mariner
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

abkeywest wrote:how do I get in touch with Beacon?
They are the guys who host this forum. Their contact info is on this page : http://www.trojanboats.net/default.html, and you can also browse through the other sections of their web site (in addition to the forum).
abkeywest

Post by abkeywest »

Still looking. Here is a better picture of the seal.
Attachments
gasket photo.JPG
gasket photo.JPG (53.31 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
1983 33' Carver Mariner
BarryL
Sporadic User

Post by BarryL »

You might try Kendor Marine. They are near Milwaukee Wisconsin. It might actually be Franklin Wisconsin. They have a presence on the web so they should be easy to find.

They carry a ton of stuff from all different manufacturers that have either over produced stuff or gone out of business. It's like going into an Army Navy surplus store for boats. A guy could spend as much time in their as a girl could looking for new shoes. If I ever need speciallty hardware, exhaust stuff, replacemetn lamps or just about anything that is always my first stop.

Good Luck

Barry
I love my boat! It takes all of my money and doesn't bitch.