mid cabin helm seat question

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

yorklyn
Active User

mid cabin helm seat question

Post by yorklyn »

Does anyone know if their seats are resting directly on the fiberglass seat base and attached with bolts or is their supposed to be some kind of spacer or mount? My seats were originally held in place with 4 bolts but it looked like someone decided to add numerous screws all over. When I painted the bases I filled in the screw holes and left the 4 larger holes (which I assumed were the bolt holes ) open. I just found out those holes do not match up with the location of the nut inserts in the base (which are in the original position). I can drill new holes but in wondering what the larger holes were for? (their around 3/8 inch)

Thanks
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
1992 Scout 15.5 Center Console
BobCT
Active User

Re: mid cabin helm seat question

Post by BobCT »

Yes, there's a wood spacer which is covered in hard plastic. I would guess it's about 2" high and as long/deep as the seat base going front to back.

I can post dimensions if you want to make new ones. I was thinking about re-making these so the seat is a little higher so I'm not staring at the windshield frame when seated. But, lower might be better too and maybe why yours were removed.
1988 10m mid cabin
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

if you get a chance I would love to see a picture and some basic dimensions.
I was thrilled about mounting them directly to the boxes like they were before. I wanted to allow for drainage if they get wet but was not sure it they would sag in the middle.
Thanks Bob
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
BarryL
Sporadic User

Post by BarryL »

Todd,

My helm seat and companion seat do not site directly on the base they are mounted to a slide system that allows fore and aft adjustment and lets everything breath when it gets wet.

My 10 meter mid cabin is a 1990

Barry
I love my boat! It takes all of my money and doesn't bitch.
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

Looks like mine were mounted wrong when I bought her. Unfortunately for me I told the upholstery guy they sat directly in the boxes so he didn't bother with any finish trim for the bottom of the seat. Not a big deal , just another item on my never ending list.
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
jhalb
Moderate User

Post by jhalb »

This is my port side seat.
Attachments
Seat 2.jpg
Seat 2.jpg (143.52 KiB) Viewed 3252 times
John
"PELICAN"
1983 10 Meter Express
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

Just thought I'd post my results here. I tried 3/4 spacers but the bolts I had were a touch too short so I went with 1/4 spacers instead. thanks again for the help guys!
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea