Can't locate the 'source' end of 12V accesory to the Flybrid

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Late Start

Can't locate the 'source' end of 12V accesory to the Flybrid

Post by Late Start »

Hi All...thanks for you previous help.

1987 Trojan 10 Meter Flybridge Sedan.

As in the Subject to this post, I can't manage to get a 'hot' reading on the supplied 12Volt buss termination on my Flybridge. (The one to power all my aftermarket electronics). I can see (but yet have not done a continuity check due to the distance) a similar #8 Pair connected to the starboard Reset Breaker in the Starboard side of my Battery Box. Is that the one? And, is it perhaps connected through the DC Breaker Panel before reaching the Bridge? Hmmmmm.

Just got this great boat, and a lot of housekeeping is in order...former owners were, well, sloppy to say the least. (I'm still trying to acquire a factory schematic of this vessel).

Many Thanks,

LateStart
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Can't locate the 'source' end of 12V accesory to the Fly

Post by prowlersfish »

the wires should be numbered so you can see if its the same . Beacon marine should be able to get you a manual complete with wiring diagram
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
bigralph

Post by bigralph »

Not sure I should ever offer advice, so disqualify me.

That said, my breaker panel is forward of my salon, between the dinette and just above the engine compartment. Immediately behind it, in the sliding compartment on my starboard side, below the window, there is a cornicopia of wiring behind a white plastic shield. Remove said shield, you'll see several numbered leads(orange in my case, yours might be older and have a different color). These leads are all numbered. One of the PO on my boat didn't know what he was doing and the wire terminals on the strip in this area sometimes don't land on terminal strips under the helm. You should also be able to match up the wire markers to the battery breakers, if you have them, in the dc distribution box.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

bigralph wrote:Not sure I should ever offer advice, so disqualify me.

Disqualify you ? Why ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Late Start

Post by Late Start »

Many Thanks...I'll look for that cubby hole tomorrow.